|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Buzz Book or the DVD.|
One day, Edward is heading to the scrapyard on his branch line. Thomas exclaims that Edward is not that old, but Edward knows that Thomas is only teasing.
At the scrapyard, Edward sees a very unusual sight; a traction engine named Trevor. He asks him why he is at the scrapyard. The traction engine tells Edward that he is due to be broken up the following week; though he is still clearly in working condition, his master decided he was old-fashioned. Edward remarks that he gets told the same thing, but he knows that he is really useful. Trevor then tells Edward about his old life; he would travel from farm to farm doing various jobs and children would be excited to see him come and take rides on him. Edward worriedly travels to the station trying his hardest to think of a way to save Trevor.
At Wellsworth, Edward spots the Vicar and realises he could be the perfect person to save Trevor. He and his driver explain about Trevor's situation and beg the Vicar to save him, the Vicar promises to go take a look. A few days later Jem Cole tells Trevor about the Vicar's visit and gives him a new coat of paint and a good polish in preparation. The Vicar arrives and Trevor starts riding around the yard feeling happier than ever. Afterwards, the Vicar talks to the scrapyard owner and is able to buy Trevor cheap.
Now Trevor lives at the vicarage orchard which is next to the line, so he and Edward see each other everyday. Trevor enjoys his new work, but his favourite day of the year is the day of the church fête, when he has a wooden seat bolted on to him and gets to give children rides.
Afterwards, he will be seen lying asleep thinking about the wonderful day he has had and the children he met.
- Jem Cole
- The Vicar of Wellsworth
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Tidmouth Goods Station
- Crocks Scrap Yard
- Wellsworth Vicarage Orchard
- Knapford Yards
- Suddery Castle
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Suddery Junction
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Edward the Blue Engine.
- The still shot of Thomas saying "What, already? You're not that old!" would be used as a prominent series icon including being a main part of the Shining Time Station opening until 1998.
- In the Japanese narration, Charlie spoke Edward's dialogue when he was asking the Vicar to save Trevor.
- It is revealed that Edward's driver is named Charlie.
- Deleted scenes suggest Edward's chat with the Vicar was to be extended, with two deleted scenes show him with an alternate sad face and a happy one, too.
- Ringo Starr's US narration was not released on home media until 2012 when it was included on Engine Friends.
- George Carlin's narration of this episode was never featured on an episode of Shining Time Station. It first appeared on Daisy and Other Thomas Stories.
- In the first shot Gordon stops moving after he goes past the signal.
- When Edward is leaving the scrapyard, he is wearing Donald and Douglas' worried face mask.
- When Edward approaches Wellsworth, in George Carlin's narration and most international narrations, he has Thomas' whistle sound. In Ringo Starr's narrations and the Japanese and Welsh versions, no whistle sound is heard.
- When Edward passes Tidmouth Sheds, he isn't pulling any trucks. But when he reaches the scrapyards, China Clay trucks appear behind him. Then, when he passes Suddery Castle, he is pulling regular trucks. When he is at Wellsworth however, he's pulling China clay trucks again.
- Thomas' driver is missing when Edward leaves to go to the scrapyard.
- In a deleted scene of Edward talking with the vicar, his happy face mask appears to be falling off.
- When Trevor asks Jem Cole if he thinks the Vicar will buy him, a hair is visible on Trevor's boiler.
- When Jem Cole and the Vicar are riding Trevor around the scrapyard, a piece of string can be faintly seen pulling Trevor.
- When Edward says "Hello! You're not broken and rusty, what are you doing here?" in the George Carlin narration, he says it in his Trevor voice.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Buzz Books - Saved from Scrap
- Ladybird Books - Thomas, Percy and the Coal/Saved from Scrap
- My Thomas Story Library - Trevor (discontinued)
In Other Languages
|Brazilian Portuguese||Novo Começo||New Beginning|
|German||Nicht verschrotten Bitte||Do Not Scrap Please|
|Italian||Il trattore salvato||The Saved Tractor|
|Japanese||いのちびろいしたトレバー||Trevor Had A Narrow Escape|
|Norwegian||Reddet fra skraphaugen||Saved from the Scrapyard|
|Spanish||De Nuevo en Acción||Back in Action|
|Dutch||Gered van de Schroothoop||Saved From the Junkyard|
|French||Sauvé de la ferraille||Saved From Scrap|
|Russian||Спасенный трактор||Rescued Tractor|
|Ukrainian||Врятований з брухту||Saved From Scrap|
|Slovenian||Pot na Odpad||The Path to the Junkyard|
|Danish||Reddet Fra Lossepladsen||Rescued From the Landfill|
|Chinese||在废车场被救||Rescued in Junkyard|
|Korean||다시 살아난 트레베||Trevor Survived Again|
|Romanian||Salvat de la Fier Vechi||Saved from the Junkyard|
|Hungarian||Edward és az Ócskavastelep||Edward and Scrap Iron Locations|
|Slovak||Záchrana pred šrotem||Saved from Scrap|
|Czech||Záchrana před šrotem||Saved from Scrap|
|Swedish||Reddet fra skrotupplaget||Rescued from Debris Out Team|
|Polish||Ocalony ze Złomu||Saved from Scrap|
|Serbian||Spasa iz otpada||Salvation from Wasteser|
|Croatian||Spremljeno iz otpada||Saved from Waste|
|Thai||เอ็ดเวิร์ดช่วยเทรเวอร์ทันเวลา||Edward and Trevor Timely Help|
Home Media Releases