Saved Again, later retitled Out of Control is a magazine story.
A train of scrap is to be taken to the scrapyards and Edward is the only engine available to take it. On the way, a clumsy signalman accidentally switches Edward onto an old branch line. Edward breaks through a boarded up tunnel and comes to a stop at the Scrapyards with a jammed wheel. His driver goes for help, but the scrapman arrives and thinks Edward is there for scrapping. Luckily, Trevor and Jem Cole arrive and stop him in time. Edward is grateful that Trevor returned the favour of saving him from scrap.
- Jem Cole
- Percy (Absent in 2011 re-release version)
- Sir Topham Hatt (Absent in 2011 re-release version)
- The Scrapman (does not speak)
- The scrap engines (cameo)
- Two engines appear in the scrapyards: a silver engine, and a yellow tender engine with its wheels, tender, and funnel removed.
- The scrapped yellow engine closely resembles James' class.
- The second season episode, Saved from Scrap is referenced.
- Edward is referred to as a "gentle express".
- Trevor is said to have a horn when he has a whistle.