|Salty's Stormy Tale|
October 7th, 2003
Salty's Stormy Tale is the thirteenth episode of the seventh season.
Salty warns Thomas and Percy that a storm is coming, but is upset when they begin mimicking his voice. As a result, he is glad to be sent to collect Fergus from the smelters. Salty tells Emily that Thomas and Percy were making fun of him and Emily tells Thomas and Percy that they hurt Salty's feelings. On the way home, the storm arrives and a fuse blows in the lighthouse, confusing a ship captain out at sea. Luckily, Salty and Fergus are passing and Salty suggests that Fergus' flywheel be used to power the generator. When Salty arrives home the next day he is delighted to be lauded by, amongst others, the ship captain and the Fat Controller, even more so when Thomas and Percy apologise.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Captain
- Douglas (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- In the UK narration, when the lighthouse is relit, the line "Just in time" is said by the narrator; whereas, in the US narration, the same line is said by the captain.
- In the US narration, the narrator says "...and he huffed away", but at the same point in the UK narration, Salty says "Goodbye!".
- This episode was released on home video before Bill, Ben and Fergus in the US, so the audience wouldn't know who Fergus is.
- When Salty backs into the siding, the footage is sped up.
- The US version has the original music instead of the new music. It was later redubbed with new music for broadcasting on PBS.
- The Danish title of this episode is "Lighthouse". The Japanese title is "Salty and Storm". The Welsh title is "Hanes Stormus Salti"
- Salty has a different horn sound.
- The captain does not have a mouth.
- The narrator says Salty was worried, but he looks happy.
- The narrator says Salty went to the Smelter's Yard, but he really went to a different part of the docks.
- In the widescreen version, during the storm there is a crew member's shirt and hand from behind the ship.
- When the narrator says "Salty knew they were making fun of him", a cattle truck behind Salty appears to be on the ground rather than the rails.