Rupert Degas (born in London, August 17th, 1970) is an English voice actor who provided voices for the UK and US narrations of Thomas & Friends. He was originally hired to voice Diesel 10 in Misty Island Rescue, but was later replaced by Matt Wilkinson. It is currently unknown why he was replaced, but he was kept on and voiced several characters for the fifteenth and sixteenth seasons. During the sixteenth season, the role of Butch was given to Matt Wilkinson. Rupert eventually left the voice cast after the sixteenth season due to him residing in Australia, and his remaining roles were given to Keith Wickham, Ben Small and Steven Kynman. The role of Flynn was later given to Kerry Shale.
He has also lent his voice to other television shows including "Mr. Bean", "Bob the Builder", "Skatoony", "Robotboy", "Badgered", "Chop Socky Chooks", and "Red Dwarf". Other television credits include, "EastEnders", "Lovejoy", "Waiting for God", "The Amazing World of Gumball", "A Touch of Frost", and "Holby City".
- Butch (fifteenth season only)
- Dart (Day of the Diesels - sixteenth season)
- Flynn (Day of the Diesels - sixteenth season)
- Bertie (fifteenth and sixteenth seasons)
He was originally cast to voice Diesel 10 in Misty Island Rescue in both the UK and US, but was cut and his role was taken over by Matt Wilkinson for unknown reasons.
- Following his departure from Thomas and Friends, some of his roles from "The Amazing World of Gumball" were given to other voice actors, such as his original role of Gaylord Robinson is now given to Stefan Ashton Frank. Degas has voiced characters in said show, alongside Kerry Shale and Teresa Gallagher. Guillermo Coria and Carlos Hernández also starred on it.
- Both he and Togo Igawa voiced characters from "Robotboy".
- Both he and William Hope voiced characters from "Headhunter: Redemption".
- He voiced characters from "Bob the Builder" along with Rob Rackstraw and David Menkin.
- He voiced characters from "Chop Socky Chooks" along with Rob Rackstraw and Jules de Jongh.
- Both he and Víctor Covarrubias voiced Larry Needlemeyer in "The Amazing World of Gumball" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Krzysztof Szczerbiński voiced Kurt from "Robotboy" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Stefan Knothe voiced Ambassador Mbolắ from Robotboy in their respective languages.
- Both he and Artur Pontek voiced Gus from "Robotboy" in their respective languages.