Rupert Degas (born in London, August 17th, 1970) is an English voice actor who provided voices in Thomas and Friends. He was originally hired to voice Diesel 10 in Misty Island Rescue, but was later replaced by Matt Wilkinson. It is currently unknown why he was replaced, but he was kept on and voiced several characters in the US and UK narrations of the fifteenth and sixteenth seasons. During the sixteenth season, the role of Butch was given to Matt Wilkinson. Rupert eventually left the voice cast after the sixteenth season due to him residing in Australia, and his remaining roles were given to Keith Wickham, Ben Small and Steven Kynman.
He has also lent his voice to other television shows including "Mr. Bean", "Bob the Builder", "Skatoony", "Robotboy", "Badgered", "Chop Socky Chooks", and "Red Dwarf". Other television credits include, "EastEnders", "Lovejoy", "Waiting for God", "The Amazing World of Gumball", "A Touch of Frost", and "Holby City".
- Dart (Day of the Diesels - Sixteenth season)
- Flynn (Day of the Diesels - sixteenth season)
- Bertie (fifteenth season and sixteenth season)
He was originally cast to voice Diesel 10 in Misty Island Rescue in both the UK and US, but was cut and his role was taken over by Matt Wilkinson for unknown reasons.
- Following his departure from Thomas and Friends, some of his roles from "The Amazing World of Gumball" were given to other voice actors, such as his original role of Gaylord Robinson is now given to Stefan Ashton Frank.
- Both he and Togo Igawa voiced characters on "Robotboy".
- Both he and William Hope voiced characters from "Headhunter: Redemption".