|This article is about 'the book'. You may be looking for 'the episode'.|
Runaway Engine! is a 3D book.
One morning, Thomas makes an amazing discovery - the old town of Great Waterton. Sir Topham Hatt puts Thomas in charge of the town's repairs. This goes to Thomas' funnel and he wants to prove that he is a really useful engine. The next day, Thomas has an accident and has to go to the Sodor Steamworks. Once Thomas is fixed, Stanley is put in charge. That makes Thomas cross! Thomas thinks that if he discovered something new, he will be put in charge again. He remembers seeing an old mine and later puffs into it. In the mine, Thomas loses control on a steep hill and flies off the tracks. Stanley goes to look for Thomas and soon hears a whistle from the mine. Stanley soon finds Thomas and pulls him back onto the rails. But now Stanley has burst a valve! Thomas shunts Stanley back to Great Waterton. Soon, Sodor Day arrives and Great Waterton is re-opened!
- The book is based on The Great Discovery, however, the Sodor Steamworks is mentioned, which wasn't introduced until the next special, Hero of the Rails.
- The book comes with a free pair of 3D glasses.
- On the last page, Stanley's red lining is missing.
- Thomas derails on the right side of the track, but on the next page, he's on the left side of the track.
- When Thomas puffs into the mine, he doesn't have a driver or fireman.
- When Stanley finds Thomas, he is facing Thomas, but after his safety valve bursts, Stanley is facing away from Thomas.