|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Philippine DVD, the UK VHS, or the magazine story.|
|Rock 'n' Roll|
Rusty is concerned that Duncan will derail at a dodgy section of line due to his "rock 'n' roll", but Duncan refuses to take advice from a "smelly Diesel", and matters are only made worse when James backs Duncan up and tells him of the time he supposedly sent Diesel packing. Duncan is full of admiration, and starts to "rock 'n' roll", causing him to derail. Rusty is furious and refuses to help, until Skarloey reminds him of the passengers. Rusty then helps Duncan get back on the line and, that night, the two engines become good friends.
- Thomas (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Sir Handel (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Duke (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Diesel (mentioned)
- Crovan's Gate
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds
- Sodor Castle
- The Mountain Road
- Rheneas Viaduct
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, The Little Old Engine.
- A reference to the second season episode, A Close Shave is made.
- When Skarloey meets Rusty, he is on (viewer perspective) the left side of Rusty. Further down the line, they seem to have switched tracks.
- When Duncan "rocks 'n' rolls" in his first scene, the track is tilted.
- When Duncan comes off the track, he has his happy face mask on.
- The pole used to derail Duncan is clearly visible.
- When Rusty says "Oh! I forgot about them!", his right eye pokes in.
- In the close-up of Duncan's wheels when he is put back on the rails, no people are visible, Duncan's rear wheel remains derailed, and the shadow of the hand putting him down can be seen.
- A brakevan should have been added to Sir Handel's train.
- Rusty's eyes are wonky in the very last shot.
In other languages
|Spanish||Rueda que te Rueda||Wheel to Wheel You|
|Norwegian||Rock 'n' Roll||Rock 'n' Roll|
|Dutch||Rock 'n' Roll||Rock 'n' Roll|
|Japanese||ロックンロール||Rock 'n' Roll|
|Czech||Rokenrol||Rock and roll|
|Esperanto||Duncan tantsib||Dancing Duncan|