Rickety is a troublesome ballast truck on Duck's Branch line.
When Oliver was pushed into the turntable well by the Troublesome Trucks, Rickety was one of the trucks who teased him upon his return from the Works. They stopped their teasing towards Oliver, when he pulled S. C. Ruffey, their leader, apart.
According to the Railway Series book, Oliver the Western Engine, ballast trucks were, for a long time, considered to be the worst of all. This was until Donald and Douglas managed to transform goods traffic on both the Main Line and Little Western.
Rickety is a troublesome truck on the Island of Sodor who likes to give the engines a hard time. He is particularly troublesome and often makes mischief for the engines.
In the Railway Series, Rickety is painted turquoise with black lining and has a turquoise face. However, his Wooden Railway model depicts him with a standard grey face and white lining.
He was also released in various different colours such as orange with white lining, dark green with "Mr. Jolly's Chocolate" painted on his side in yellow, and the standard grey troublesome truck paintwork.
Rickety is based on a "Private Owner" 7 plank end-door ballast wagon.
- Oliver the Western Engine (cameo)
- Rickety was named by Learning Curve for merchandising purposes.
- Rickety has also appeared in some Day Out with Thomas events in the UK.
- In the 2000 yearbook Rickety says, Only if we had a battery powered engine to pull us along, we would have so much fun rolling across the clickity clack track.
- Wooden Railway (turquoise, Mr. Jolly's Chocolate Factory, orange, and gold mine versions; discontinued)
- Bachmann (cancelled)