|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
- “No! I'll show Mr. Percival I can do it on my own!”
- ―Rheneas denying Skarloey's help
Rheneas and the Dinosaur is the tenth (twelfth in Australia) episode of the ninth season.
A dinosaur skeleton has been discovered and Thomas is bringing a photographer to the Transfer Yards. Mr. Percival calls his engines for a meeting and announces that he needs two careful engines to collect the dinosaur. Rheneas shunts his trucks carefully, but Skarloey, too excited about collecting the dinosaur skeleton, crashes into Rheneas' coal trucks. Mr. Percival is not pleased, but gives Rheneas another chance. Skarloey apologises for his carelessness, but Rheneas wants to prove to Mr. Percival that he can take the dinosaur skeleton on his own.
After taking a long, heavy train of coal trucks to the cottages, Rheneas is given the job to collect the dinosaur skeleton, though Mr. Percival is unsure about Rheneas doing it on his own. But Rheneas is very confident that he can do it, whilst Skarloey is told to collect empty trucks from the Timber Yards.
Rheneas goes to collect the dinosaur skeleton, only to discover how big it is. Still confident, Rheneas takes the dinosaur skeleton on his own - until he starts climbing the steep hill on the final approach to the Transfer Yards. Running out of puff, Rheneas slides back down the hill with the heavy dinosaur skeleton.
Soon Skarloey, en route to the Timber Yards, finds Rheneas blocking his path. Rheneas asks Skarloey to help him, but Skarloey is still upset that Rheneas refused to let him help take the dinosaur skeleton. Rheneas admits that he prefers working with Skarloey rather than on his own, which makes Skarloey happy. So together, Skarloey and Rheneas get the heavy dinosaur skeleton to the Transfer Yards, just as Thomas arrives with the photographer.
- Mr. Percival
- Thomas (does not speak)
- The Photographer (does not speak)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Mighty Mac (cameo)
- Rusty (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Brendam Docks
- Transfer Yards
- Rheneas Viaduct
- Middle Station
- Culdee Fell Hill
- Sodor Museum (mentioned)
- The model of the Refreshment Coach before its restoration can be seen at the Transfer Yards when Rheneas leaves to get the dinosaur skeleton.
- Going by production order, this is the twelfth episode of the ninth season.
- The events of this episode were later mentioned by Rheneas in Emily Saves the World.
- In a deleted scene, Rheneas and Skarloey are crossing the viaduct with the dinosaur in the other direction.
- This is the first episode of the ninth season where Thomas does not speak.
- The dinosaur skeleton appears to belong to either Dacentrurus or Lexovisaurus, stegosaurs that once lived in what is now Great Britain.
- When Skarloey bumps the trucks, he has paint on his nose.
- Michael Brandon stutters as he says "But when Rheneas arrived..."
- As Rheneas puffs out of Middle Station and the workmen turn their heads to watch him go through with the dinosaur, he seems to slow then speed up and slightly jump forward from one spot to another: this is due to a film cut.
- When Rheneas slows down on the hill the chain is dangling.
- When Skarloey stops behind the dinosaur, his crew has been replaced by a large metal box, most likely his battery box.
- The narrator said "...and he [Skarloey] buffered up to the flatbed to help his friend," even though the flatbed didn't have buffers, just a hook.
- Wooden Railway
- Take Along (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail
- Magazine Stories - Rheneas and the Dinosaur (magazine story)
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 8||Season 9||Season 10 >>|
|#01||Percy and the Oil Painting||#10||Rheneas and the Dinosaur||#19||Thomas' New Trucks|
|#02||Thomas and the Rainbow||#11||Thomas and the New Engine||#20||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|#03||Molly's Special Special||#12||Toby Feels Left Out||#21||Bold and Brave|
|#04||Thomas' Milkshake Muddle||#13||Thomas Tries His Best||#22||Skarloey the Brave|
|#05||Mighty Mac||#14||The Magic Lamp||#23||Saving Edward|
|#06||Thomas and the Toy Shop||#15||Thomas and the Statue||#24||Thomas and the Golden Eagle|
|#07||Respect for Gordon||#16||Henry and the Flagpole||#25||Keeping Up with James|
|#08||Thomas and the Birthday Picnic||#17||Emily Knows Best||#26||Flour Power|
|#09||Tuneful Toots||#18||Thomas' Day Off||