|Orange Branch Line Coaches|
|Red Branch Line Coaches|
There are two types of branch line coaches on the North Western Railway.
In the television series, the red coaches are usually pulled by Duck and Oliver on their branch line or by Edward on his branch line, but are also used by the smaller engines on the Main Line. They were also pulled by Stepney on his branch line.
The red coaches are based on LBSCR Stroudley four-wheel coaches.
The orange coaches only appeared in the first and second seasons. The red coaches appeared in every season from the second onwards.
- In the annual story, Pantomime Pranks, one of the orange branch line coaches was painted green. In the magazine story, Rain or Shine, one of the orange branch line coaches was painted yellow.
- In Hero of the Rails and The Lion of Sodor, one of the red branch line coaches is painted brown. Coaches painted blue, green, yellow, orange, black, and white were featured in a game on the Official Website.
- Motor Road and Rail (red coaches; discontinued)
- TrackMaster (red coaches; discontinued)
- Bachmann (red coaches; coming soon)