Quarry trucks are special trucks that are used around the quarries of Sodor, for carrying stone and other materials.
Owned by the Ffarquhar Quarry Company, these small trucks are used to carry stone from the Anopha Quarry to Ffarquhar. They are usually faceless, although in Season 2's Percy's Predicament, the Spiteful Brake Van's face appeared on a truck. A stone truck was also seen with a face in Season 5's Oliver's Find. On some occasions, the stone trucks have been seen carrying china clay and even at the Clay Pits.
In the Railway Series, the stone trucks were painted in a range of colours, they also had the letters "FQC" in white lettering on both sides. In the television series, the stone trucks were just painted grey and brown, like the regular trucks.
The stone trucks are based on the SR 10 ton 5-plank open wagons. Once they were incorrectly depicted as 7-plank open wagons.
Owned by the Sodor China Clay Company, these large trucks are used to carry china clay from the Clay Pits, to Brendam Docks for shipping to the Mainland. On some occasions, the china clay trucks have been seen carrying scrap and stone.
In the CGI series, these trucks have been replaced with the generic standard 7-plank trucks painted red.
- Season 2 - Saved from Scrap, Percy Takes the Plunge, Pop Goes the Diesel, Percy's Predicament and The Diseasel
- Season 3 - Thomas Gets Bumped, Diesel Does it Again, Mavis, Toby's Tightrope, One Good Turn and Heroes
- Season 5 - Horrid Lorry and Busy Going Backwards
- Season 6 - Salty's Secret and A Bad Day for Harold the Helicopter
- Season 18 - Marion and the Pipe, No Steam Without Coal, Emily Saves the World and Samson at Your Service
- Season 19 - Salty All At Sea, The Other Side of the Mountain and No Help At All
The early livery of the china clay trucks was red and green, with their company's name in white lettering on both sides. In the Railway Series, the china clay trucks were painted grey and orange. In the television series, they are painted brown.
In the Railway Series, the china clay trucks were based on the 5-plank trucks. In the television series, the china clay trucks were based on the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway's bogie goods wagons scaled up to standard gauge and decreased in size.
- One of the models of the China Clay Trucks was used in Thomas' sister series TUGS, usually being pulled by the characters Puffa and the Goods Engine.
- In the Railway Series, the trucks were covered in tarpaulins, much like in real life. However, in the TV series, they are unrealistically left opened-topped.
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail (metallic, green, and coal versions)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)