Quarry trucks are a type of truck used at quarries for carrying bulk material.
Anopha Quarry Trucks
Anopha Quarry trucks are based on 5 and 7-plank open wagons.
- Branch Line Engines - Percy's Predicament
- Tramway Engines - Mavis and Toby's Tightrope
- Toby, Trucks and Trouble - Mavis and the Lorry and Bulstrode
- Thomas Comes Home - Snow Problem, Washout! and Toby's Megatrain
- Wilbert the Forest Engine - Foaming at the Funnel
Anopha Quarry trucks have been seen in many liveries such as orange, grey, pink and yellow, accompanied with 'FQC' in white/grey.
China Clay Trucks
China Clay trucks are based on 6 plank open wagons.
China Clay trucks have been seen in liveries such as red and green, accompanied with 'SODOR CHINA CLAY' in white.
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
According to the Railway Series volume, Oliver the Western Engine, ballast trucks were considered to be the worst of all for a long time. This was until Donald and Douglas managed to transform goods traffic on both the Main Line and the Little Western. In addition they stopped their teasing towards Oliver when he pulled S.C. Ruffey, their leader, apart.
Ballast trucks are based on 7 and 8-plank open wagons. They were later replaced by Mineral wagons.
The 7-8 Plank Ballast trucks are painted in pink, blue, brown, grey and orange while the Mineral Wagons are painted orange, light grey and brown.
- Oliver the Western Engine - Resource and Sagacity and Toad Stands By
- Wilbert the Forest Engine - Wired-Up
The Host Wagons are a type of truck designed to carry narrow gauge trucks over larger gauge track. When it is carrying a guard's van, it can be used as the first or last wagon in the train.
A real life example from the Padarn Railway, a slate carrying line, can be found at the Narrow Gauge Railway Museum at the Talyllyn Railway.
|This article is about 'standard gauge trucks'. You may be looking for 'the narrow gauge trucks'.|
- “Lucky you! All I can see is another truck's backside!”
- ―A slate truck, Journey Beyond Sodor
The North Western Railway owns a few slate trucks. Although they are designed to carry slate and slabs, they have also been seen carrying crates. Two of these were a part of the train Thomas took to the Mainland.
The slate trucks are based on the 2-bar wooden slate wagons of the Talyllyn Railway, scaled up accordingly.
The slate trucks are painted grey.
- The slate trucks are the first trucks to have a completely different face design, compared to former trucks in the CGI Series.