|Put Upon Percy|
September 24th, 1998
Put Upon Percy is the ninth episode of the fifth season.
Percy is exhausted, but the others are quite unsympathetic. One day, a piece of mining equipment blocks the entrance to a mine tunnel and Percy is asked to push some trucks into the mine. The trucks push forward, run down into the depths of the mine, and crash into a support beam, causing it to collapse under Percy's wheels. The mine is cleared, but Percy is too late to get to safety and takes refuge underneath a canvas barrier just before it is buried by rubble. In the end, Percy is cleared out and is sent to be repainted.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Duck (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- The Coaling Plant
- Tidmouth Sheds
- The Scrapyards
- Shunting Yards
- Sodor Flour Mill
- The Works (mentioned)
- In Germany, this episode is called "Always on Percy". In Norway and Japan its title is "Brave Percy". It is called "Percy is Exploited" in Italy.
- In the scenes where Annie and Clarabel tease Percy and when Percy shunts back to the canvas barrier, music is heard in the US version, but not in the UK version.
- The line, "Oh Help", is omitted in the British narration.
- S. C. Ruffey's face appears on a truck. It is unknown if this was simply a mistake on the part of the model makers, or if it was an intentional appeaence of the charater.
- When Percy is collecting goods to take to Brendam Docks, he collects twelve trucks. However, when he gets to Brendam, there are only ten trucks in his train.
- When Percy reverses into the shed James' tender is tilted.
- When Percy reverses to bump the trucks, he only reverses a few metres to the canvas barrier. When the mine collapses, he reverses further than before and takes refuge behind the barrier.
- When the trucks run free in the mine it is clearly seen that they reach the end, but in the next scene they are still running through the mine.
- Before the trucks crash, the tracks that they are on are broken.
- When Percy goes to take refuge in the canvas barrier he runs into some rocks and a small pop is heard.
- If the collapse was deep within the mine shaft, surely nothing would cause the rest of the coal mine to collapse above Percy.
- In the shot of Percy shunting at the Coaling Plant, a buffer stop is on top of a pile of soil.
- When Percy enters the yard at the beginning of the episode, his eyes are wonky.
- A brakevan should have been added to Percy's train.