|Put Upon Percy|
Put Upon Percy is the ninth episode of the fifth season.
Percy is exhausted, but the others are quite unsympathetic. One day, at the Coal Mine, some Troublesome Trucks get stuck in a piece of mining equipment and Percy is asked to give them a good shove to get them moving, but he pushes the trucks too hard. The runaway trucks run deep into the mine and crash into a support beam, causing the mine shaft to collapse onto them. The impact causes a rock slide near the mine. The mine is evacuated, but Percy is too late to get to safety and takes refuge underneath a canvas barrier just before it is buried by rubble. Thomas and Duck arrive to free him, and Percy is cleared out and sent to be repainted.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Duck (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- S. C. Ruffey (possible cameo)
- The Coaling Plant
- Tidmouth Sheds
- The Scrapyards
- Shunting Yards
- Sodor Flour Mill
- The Works (mentioned)
- In Germany, this episode is called "Always on Percy". In Norway and Japan, its title is "Brave Percy". It is called "Percy is Exploited" in Italy. The Swedish title is "Percy and the Attack". The Spanish title is "The Requirement of Percy".
- In the scenes where Annie and Clarabel tease Percy and when Percy shunts back to the canvas barrier, music is heard in the US and Japanese narrations, but not in the UK narration.
- S. C. Ruffey's face appears on a truck. It is unknown if this was simply a mistake on the part of the model makers, or an intentional appearance of the character.
- A scrap model of Thomas is seen at the scrapyard.
- When Percy is collecting goods to take to Brendam Docks, he collects twelve trucks. However, when he gets to Brendam, there are only ten trucks in his train.
- When Percy reverses into the shed, James' tender is tilted.
- When Percy reverses to bump the trucks, he only reverses a few metres to the canvas barrier. When the mine collapses, he reverses further than before and takes refuge behind the barrier.
- When the trucks run free in the mine, it is clearly seen that they reach the end, but in the next scene they are still running through the mine.
- Before the trucks crash, the tracks that they are on are broken.
- Percy says there is going to be an avalanche, but that is not true. Avalanches happen when snow falls down a mountain. Percy should have said "rock slide."
- When Percy goes to take refuge in the canvas barrier, he runs into some rocks and a small pop is heard.
- If the collapse was deep within the mine shaft, surely nothing would cause the rest of the coal mine to collapse above Percy.
- In the shot of Percy shunting at the Coaling Plant, a buffer stop is on top of a pile of soil.
- When Percy enters the yard at the beginning of the episode, his eyes are wonky.
- A brakevan should have been added to Percy's train.