Tom Tipper the postman owned a Post Van which he used for collecting and delivering mail. The van was once taken away and replaced with a bike while Tom was ill, as the postmaster saw it as too old and expensive; but it was soon renovated and put back into service after Percy accidentally ran the bike over.
In the television series, the Post Van is based on the vans built by Morris and Bedford in the 1940s and the 1950s. These vans were used for mail collection and deliveries in country areas all over England. The Sodor Bakery Van and the Signwriter's Van are also based on these vans.
The Post Van is painted red with a light grey rooftop. In the Railway Series, it carries the "Royal Mail" logo on its sides, whereas in the television series, it carries the "Sodor Mail" logo.
In the video game Railway Adventures, the rooftop is depicted red.
- Season 4 - Mind that Bike
- Season 5 - Toby and the Flood, Toby's Discovery and Oliver's Find
- Season 6 - Thomas the Jet Engine and Edward the Very Useful Engine
- Season 7 - Bulgy Rides Again
- 2008 - The Great Discovery
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (with flatbed; discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail (normal, advertisement with Mr. Bubbles, and metallic)
- Nakayoshi (with postbox; discontinued)
- Pocket Fantasy (discontinued)
- The Post Van's model was later remodelled into the bakery van.
- The Post Van's model is currently on display at Drayton Manor.
- Despite the fact it is faceless and apparently non-sentient, the Post Van was given a nameboard.