- “That accident did me a good turn, my chief decided that a new van would do the job. Much better than another bike and worth the expense. Now I can always be on time again!”
- ―Tom Tipper to Percy
In the television series, the Post Van is based on the vans built by Morris and Bedford in the 1940s and the 1950s. These vans were used for mail collection and deliveries in country areas all over England. The Sodor Bakery Van and the Signwriter's Van are also based on these vans.
The Post Van is painted red with a light grey rooftop. In the Railway Series, it carries the "Royal Mail" logo on its sides, whereas in the television series, it carries the "Sodor Mail" logo.
In the video game Railway Adventures, the rooftop is depicted red.
- Season 4 - Mind that Bike
- Season 5 - Toby and the Flood, Toby's Discovery and Oliver's Find
- Season 6 - Thomas the Jet Engine and Edward the Very Useful Engine
- Season 7 - Bulgy Rides Again
- 2008 - The Great Discovery
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (with flatbed; discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail (normal, advertisement with Mr. Bubbles, and metallic)
- Nakayoshi (with postbox; discontinued)
- Pocket Fantasy (discontinued)
- The Post Van's model was later remodelled into the bakery van.
- The Post Van's model is currently on display at Drayton Manor.
- Despite the fact it is faceless and apparently non-sentient, the Post Van was given a nameboard.