|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story or the UK video.|
Play Time is the seventh episode of the thirteenth season.
Alicia Botti is going to perform at the Town Hall and Thomas is given the job to collect her from the docks. On the way, Thomas meets Percy who tells him that a new engine named Charlie has also arrived at the docks and that Charlie is more fun than Thomas. Thomas meets Charlie at the docks and Charlie tells him that his friends on the mainland think that Thomas is even more fun. The Fat Controller tells Charlie to pick up some trucks at the Sodor Steamworks for the concert at the Town Hall.
Charlie challenges Thomas to a race to the Steamworks. Thomas declines, but when Charlie says that he isn't fun, he agrees and the two set off for the Steamworks - not to the Town Hall. After going to the Steamworks, Charlie tells Thomas to race him over the Fenland Fields. Thomas agrees and they race across the rickety track. The bumpy track starts to shake the coupling between Thomas and Annie loose, but Thomas does not know it. After the race, Thomas sees Gordon taking some important people, including the Fat Controller, to the Town Hall. Thomas realises he is late and rushes away. Unbeknownst to Thomas, the loose coupling comes undone and he leaves Annie, Clarabel, and Alicia Botti behind.
When he arrives at the Town Hall, the Fat Controller scolds Thomas for being late and leaving Miss Botti behind. Thomas then rushes back to find them only to be challenged to another race by Charlie. Thomas, knowing that now isn't the time for racing, refuses and continues looking for his coaches. Suddenly, he hears Alicia Botti singing. Thomas rushes towards her voice and finds her singing to some people on a bridge. Thomas takes her to the Town Hall and Alicia Botti praises him for her exciting ride.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Alicia Botti
- Annie (speaks only in Japanese dub)
- Edward (does not speak)
- Gordon (does not speak)
- James (does not speak)
- Clarabel (does not speak)
- Toby (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- The Mainland Controller (mentioned)
- The Mainland Engines (mentioned)
- Town Square
- Henry's Tunnel
- Sodor Dairy
- The Viaduct
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Steamworks
- The Fenland Track
- The Watermill
- The Coal Hopper
- The Washdown
- Bluff's Cove Junction
- Shunting Yards
- Knapford (mentioned)
- Sir Topham Hatt's first name is revealed Alicia Botti calls the Fat Controller "Bertram."
- This episode was seen in select US theaters.
- Stock footage from Hero of the Rails is used.
- Alicia Botti has regained her Italian accent from Thomas, Percy and the Squeak which she did not have in Toby's Triumph.
- When Thomas is looking for Annie and Clarabel, Charlie is facing the same direction as Thomas, but Charlie is said to be going to the Town Hall, which is where Thomas just came from.
- Brakevans should have been added to Percy, Edward, James, and Charlie's trains.
- The narrator said that Charlie was coupled up to Edward's flatbed, but Charlie was actually coupled up to two flatbeds.
In Other Languages
|Finnish||Pelaa Thomas||Play Thomas|
|Danish||Fart over området||Speed Over the Area|
|Norwegian||Moro på skinner||Fun On Rails|
|German||Lustig oder nützlich?||Funny or Useful?|
|Swedish||Låt oss leka||Let's Play|