Pipe Dreams is a 1997 annual story.
With Burns Night approaching, the Scottish engines tell the other engines all about Scotland. Donald tells Peter Sam about the Loch Ness Monster and this scares him. That night, as he pulls his train, he hears an eerie noise. At the sheds, all is revealed. The noise was in fact the wind whistling through the bagpipes on one of the trucks. When Burns Night arrives, a party is held at the sheds, which makes the Scottish engines very happy.
- Duncan and Peter Sam are portrayed as standard gauge engines.
- Peter Sam has his old funnel.
- In the third illustration, one of the twins is missing their nameplate and are also too low to the ground.
- In the third illustration, the tracks in the shed are not in line with the shed doors.
- Duncan and Peter Sam have white wheels.