|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
- “Two, four, six, eight!
We're the team that won't be late!
- ―Emily's football chant
Pingy Pongy Pick Up is the third episode of the fourteenth season.
Sir Topham Hatt gives Thomas the task of handing out jobs on the day of the big football tournament. Thomas gives the job of collecting the half-time apples to Percy, James is to collect the fans, Thomas will collect the Sodor United football team, and Emily is left with the job of picking up the dirty washing and getting it cleaned. Emily thinks she deserves a bigger job and goes to find Percy at McColl Farm. She offers to be his back engine, but Percy refuses. Emily decides to help Percy anyway and pulls the truck one way whilst Percy pulls it the other. The truck's coupling snaps and bounces off the rails, spilling the load of apples. This leaves Percy cross and he reminds Emily of her job to collect the dirty washing.
Emily then finds James and blocks the junction so she can ask to help him. James is going too fast to stop and quickly veers into a siding. He applies the brakes and hits the buffers with a jolt. The fans are not hurt, but James is cross with Emily, reminding her to pick up the dirty washing before he puffs away once she clears the junction.
Emily sees Thomas with the team and follows him to the Town Square. When she gets there, she finds that the Fat Controller and the Sodor United team are cross with her. The dirty washing was Sodor United's kits and now they have nothing to wear. Emily feels awful and immediately sets off to put things right. She collects the washing from Maithwaite and takes it to Maron where the laundry lady quickly washes it. She tells Emily that the washing is still soaking wet but Emily has an idea and, remembering the flag that was attached to Clarabel's roof blowing in the wind, she asks for the washing to be hung on a rope tied to her funnel. As she puffs along, the washing dries and the team are delighted. Emily wishes them good luck and sings them a football chant, much to the team's amusement.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Laundry Lady
- Sodor United Football Team
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- The Teacher (cameo)
- The Ginger-haired Boy (cameo)
- The Bird Watcher (cameo)
- The Maithwaite Stationmaster (cameo)
- The Duchess of Boxford (cameo)
- Farmer McColl (mentioned)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Town Square
- McColl Farm
- The Coal Hopper
- Chestnut Orchard
- Knapford Iron Bridge
- Ben Small as Thomas and the Sodor United Football Players
- Teresa Gallagher as Emily and the Laundry Lady
- Keith Wickham as James, Percy, the Fat Controller and the Sodor United Football Players
- Matt Wilkinson as the Sodor United Football Players
- Martin Sherman as Thomas, Percy and the Sodor United Football Players
- William Hope as the Sodor United Football Players
- Jules de Jongh as Emily and the Laundry Lady
- Kerry Shale as James, Sir Topham Hatt and the Sodor United Football Players
- Going by production order, this is the fourth episode of the fourteenth season.
- Edited stock footage from Slippy Sodor is used.
- In the US narration, the word "soccer" is used instead of "football" to avoid confusion with the gridiron forms of the game.
- In the UK narration, the terms "pongy" and "football kits" are used. In the US version, however, the terms used are "stinky" and "soccer shirts and shorts" respectively.
- When Emily chants near the end, she sings "Sodor United" in the UK version. In the US narration, she just speaks it.
- The events of this episode were later mentioned by Emily in Emily Saves the World.
- The Sodor United football team is based on the real life counterpart called Manchester United.
In Other Languages
|German||Sodor United||Sodor United|
|Spanish||Ropa Apestosa||Smelly Clothes|
|Japanese||エミリーとせんたくもの||Emily and the Laundry|
|Korean||에밀리와 축구경기||Emily and the Football Game|
|Italian||La Biancheria Sporca||The Dirty Linen|
|Greek||Βρώμικη αποστολή||Dirty Mission|
|Czech||Nudné špinavé prádlo||Boring Dirty Laundry|
|Turkish||Kirli Çamaşır Toplama||Dirty Laundry Collection|
|Russian||Пустяковая работа||Trifling Work|
|Hungarian||Vicik vacak szennyes||Dirty Lousy Laundry|
|Portuguese||Pingue-pongue de tarefas / Trabalhos maiores e menores||Ping Pong Tasks / Larger and Smaller Works|
|Slovenian||Umazano perils||Dirty Laundry|
|Catalan||Missió pudenta||Smelly Mission|
|Danish||Snavset-pavset vasketøj||The Dirty-Pavset Laundry|
|Romanian||Livtarea de Mongi de Ping Pong||Mission of Ping Pong|
|Polish||Nieświeża Przesyłka||Stale Shipment|
|Thai||หน้าที่สำคัญของเอมิลี่,||Emily's Key Functions|
|Swedish||Stinkelinkande syssla||Pingy-Pongy Laundry|
|Indonesian||Mengambil Cucian Kotor||Taking Dirty Laundry|
|French||Le Match D'Ouverture||The Opening Match|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 13||Season 14||Season 15 >>|
|#01||Thomas' Tall Friend||#08||Pop Goes Thomas||#15||Thomas' Crazy Day|
|#02||James in the Dark||#09||Victor Says Yes||#16||Jumping Jobi Wood!|
|#03||Pingy Pongy Pick Up||#10||Thomas in Charge||#17||Thomas and Scruff|
|#04||Charlie and Eddie||#11||Merry Winter Wish||#18||O the Indignity|
|#05||Toby and the Whistling Woods||#12||Being Percy||#19||Jitters and Japes|
|#06||Henry's Health and Safety||#13||Henry's Magic Box||#20||Merry Misty Island|
|#07||Diesel's Special Delivery||#14||Thomas and the Snowman Party||