Pierce Brendan Brosnan (born on 16 May 1953 in Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland) is a Golden Globe-nominated Irish actor who is best known for playing James Bond in four films from 1995 to 2002. Pierce narrated The Great Discovery as a special guest narrator. He had recorded lines for the twelfth season of Thomas & Friends, but when the season aired, Michael Angelis and Michael Brandon remained the series' narrators. Had he stayed as narrator of the series, he would have narrated the twelfth to fourteenth seasons, as well as three specials. It is still unknown why he did not return.
Brosnan has stated he shares an interest and love of the characters, having read the stories with his children when they were young.
Major awards and nominations
- Won - Golden Raspberry Award - Worst Supporting Actor, 2008, for "Mamma Mia!"
- Nominated - Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy, 2005, for "The Matador" - lost to Joaquin Phoenix for Walk the Line.
- He, Ringo Starr, George Carlin, and Alec Baldwin have hosted Saturday Night Live and made guest appearances on "The Simpsons".
- Radovan Vaculík, Ringo Starr, Carlos Enrique Bonilla, Jorge Ornelas, Enzo Avolio, Víctor Delgado, Bohuslav Kalva, Daiki Nakamura, Aku Laitinen, Marjolein Algera, Jukka Voutilaninen, Shinobu Adachi, Pasi Ruohonen, Loretta Santini, Olga Hnidey, Don Nemitz, Bin Shimada, Reinder van der Naalt, Ángel Amorós, Gerardo Reyero, Luis Alfonso Padilla, Octavio Rojas, Louise Raeder, Humberto Vélez, Hadar Shachaf Ma'ayan, Chie Kōjiro, Samuel Harjanne, Keiko Toda, George Carlin, Alec Baldwin, Nicolás Frías and Kari Tamminen have also worked on "The Simpsons".
- He and Mara Wilson appeared in "Mrs. Doubtfire".
- He appeared alongside John Gielgud and Francisco Colmenero in "Quest for Camelot".
- He and Hugh Bonneville both worked on the James Bond film "Tomorrow Never Dies". Nicola Stapleton has also appeared in the James Bond film "Octopussy".
- He and Darren Boyd both appeared in "The World's End".