Philippe Catoire is a French actor who is the current narrator of Thomas & Friends in France and French-speaking Canada. He took over from Blanche Ravalec starting with the sixteenth season. He also renarrated the fifteenth season for viewing on Gulli in France.
As a voice actor, he is well known for dubbing characters in various animated films and video games, such as Lord Farquaad from "Shrek", Rico from the "Madagascar" series, Uncle Max from "The Lion King 1 1/2", Kago from "Tarzan 2", and Emil Dufraisne from "Splinter Cell: Double Agent". He is also the current voice to Captain Hook from Disney.
- Both he and Kenji Utsumi voiced the Big Bad Wolf from "Shrek 2" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Takeshi Aono voiced Uncle Max from "The Lion King 1 1/2" in their respective languages.
- He, Dário de Castro, Rokurō Naya, Zbigniew Konopka and George Carlin have all worked on "Tarzan 2". There have also been several other voice actors that have worked on other Tarzan films:
- Dário de Castro ("Tarzan")
- Alan Kennedy, Marianne Culbert, Travis Gagne, Kallan Kagan, Jason Reeves, Rob Pringle, Jazmin Playtis, Adam Black, Tigh Walker, Anna Wagner-Lopez, Ryan Quaglia, John Hickson and Jesse Lickman ("Tarzan and Jane")
- Robin Smith ("Tarzan and the Lost Apes")
- John Hurt ("The Legend of Tarzan"; cut)
- Both he and Leszek Zduń voiced Shocker from "Spider-Man: The Animated Series" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Bernd Stephan voiced Illusive Man from the "Mass Effect" series in their respective languages.