Peter Sam is now single-handedly running the Skarloey Railway and is happy with his new position, but when he is late one day, Henry threatens to leave without Peter Sam's passengers next time. Peter Sam is worried and hurries as much as he can, but becomes impatient when he has to wait at the lake for an hour and leaves without a very important passenger: the Refreshment Lady. Peter Sam gives the Refreshment Lady an explanation, but the Refreshment Lady informs him that Henry was joking, as he is a guaranteed connection. Peter Sam is furious, but Henry has already disappeared before the little engine can take his anger out on him.
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam
- The Refreshment Lady
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Duncan (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds
- Crovan's Gate
- Rheneas Viaduct
- Lakeside Junction
- Neptune Refreshments
- Sodor Castle
- Hawin Doorey
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Four Little Engines.
- Stock footage from A Bad Day for Sir Handel is used.
- The modified model of OJ from TUGS, Lakesider III, appears in the water as Peter Sam enters the lake station.
- In some UK and US narrations, Henry's whistle is absent at the end when he leaves the station.
- In the American narration, the Refreshment Lady has an Italian accent.
- In two scenes, Henry is wearing Gordon's upset face mask.
- Rheneas appears as Peter Sam exits Crovan's Gate, but he's supposed to be at the Works.
- When Peter Sam puffs by singing his eyes are wonky.
- In the American narration, George Carlin says that the Refreshment Lady sells tea and cakes to the "conductor, fireman, and guard", but guard is another term for conductor and he makes no mention of the driver.
- The end of the set can be seen as Peter Sam crosses the viaduct.
- Duncan passes Crovan's Gate just before the Refreshment Lady scolds Peter Sam, even though he isn't introduced until Home at Last.
- When Peter Sam puffs backwards, his wheels are moving faster than he is.
- Throughout this episode, Peter Sam's coaches constantly keep gaining and losing their faces.
- When Peter Sam talks to the Refreshment Lady at the end, blu-tak can be seen under his face.
- This episode is out of production order, as Skarloey appears, despite being sent to the works in Four Little Engines.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Peter Sam y la mujer olvidada||Peter Sam and the Forgotten Woman|
|Norwegian||Peter Sam og serveringsdamen||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady|
|Japanese||からかわれたピーター・サム||Peter Sam was Made Fun of|
|Czech||Petr a dáma z bufetu||Peter and the Lady From Refreshment|
|Danish||Peter Sam og servitricen||Peter Sam and the Waitress|
|Dutch||Peter Sam en de koffiejuffrouw||Peter Sam and the Tea Lady|
|Finnish||Peter Sam ja Kahvilan Rouva||Peter Sam and the Café Lady|
|Italian||Peter Sam e la Ristoratrice||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady|
|Chinese||彼得萨姆和餐车女士||Peter Sam and the Diner Lady|
|Slovenian||Peterček in natakarica||Peter Sam and Waitress|
|Polish||Piotruś Sam i Pani Ekspedientka||Peter Sam and Mrs. Saleswoman|
|Romanian||Peter Sam şi Vânzătoarea de Răcoritoare||Peter Sam and the Soda Shop Assistant|
|Slovak||Peter Sam a občerstvenie u pani Lady||Peter Sam and the Snack Lady|
|Hungarian||Peter Sam és a Frissítőárus Hölgy||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady Florist|
|Swedish||Peter Sam och förfriskningar kvinnan||Peter Sam and Refreshment's Woman|
|Russian||Питер Сэм и хозяйка магазина||Peter Sam and the Mistress of the Shop|
|Ukrainian||Пiтер Сем i Лимонадниця||Peter Sam and the Lemonade Stand|
|Greek||Πέδρο και η κυρία Αναψυκτήριο||Peter Sam and Ms. Fresher|
Home Media Releases
- New Thomas the Tank Engine Vol.3
- The Complete Works of Thomas the Tank Engine 2 Vol.6
- No, No Troubles!
- Thomas and the Special Letter and other stories (Australian VHS)
- The Complete Fourth Series
- Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady and Other Thomas Adventures
- Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady and Other Adventures