|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
Percy and the Left Luggage, retitled Percy and the Baggage in American releases, is the twentieth (twenty-fourth in Australia) episode of the eleventh season.
It was summer time on the Island of Sodor and Percy enjoys the summer. One day, Sir Topham Hatt gave Percy three jobs; to deliver the holiday mail, deliver the lights for the town hall and to take the children to their summer party, including taking Dowager Hatt's luggage to the airport before her flight leaves. Percy puffs out of the sheds excitedly that it is going to be the most fun day ever.
Percy puffs to a junction where the left track is to Maithwaite where Dowager Hatt's luggage was waiting and the other was Wellsworth where the holiday mail was waiting. Percy thinks collecting the luggage will be easy and that he has enough time to do it later, so he headed to Wellsworth. He collected the presents and delivered them to each station. After he finished, Percy puffs to another junction where straight ahead is Maithwaite and the left track was to Brendam, but Percy still thinks he has enough time to collect the luggage later and headed for the docks. Percy collected the lights and delivered them to the town hall.
Now Percy went to collect the children and take them to the party as it is the best job ever. He came to another junction, but Percy forgot all about the luggage and went back to Wellsworth to collect the children. After collecting the children, when Percy stopped to take on water, Percy saw Sir Topham Hatt's car driving to the airport and realised that he was late to collect the luggage and he cannot take the children to the party. Percy found Edward in a siding and told him everything. Edward was happy to help take the children to the party and Percy raced to Maithwaite.
He went as fast as he could to get to the airport before Sir Topham Hatt and arrived first where Jeremy was waiting. Percy and Sir Topham Hatt watched as Jeremy flew with Dowager Hatt and Percy learned to never leave things until the last minute.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Dowager Hatt (not named in US narration)
- Jeremy (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- Sodor Airport
- Fishing Village
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam Docks
- The School
- A photograph from this episode was released as a Royal Mail stamp in 2011 to mark the Reverend W. Awdry's centenary.
- The US narration is yet to be released on DVD.
- Stock footage from the eleventh season episodes, Dream On and Gordon and the Engineer is used. Unaltered and extended footage from the eleventh season episode, Thomas and the Storyteller is also used.
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-fourth episode of the eleventh season.
- This episode was never released on DVD or shown on television in Norway. It was only released on a website in 2015.
- This episode marks two things:
- Though one is not seen, in the stock footage of Gordon and the Engineer, a shadow at the top of the screen reveals that there is three signals in the shot of Gordon with the express. However there is only two tracks, so the third signal is redundant. Also they are all up, so Gordon is technically passing a signal at danger.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||パーシーとにもつ||Percy and the Luggage|
|Spanish||Percy y el Equipaje Olvidado||Percy and the Forgotten Luggage|
|Norwegian||Percy og bagasjen||Percy and the Luggage|
|Finnish||Pekka ja Unohtuneet matkatavarat||Percy and the Forgotten Luggage|
|Hungarian||Percy és a poggyász||Percy and the Baggage|
|Romanian||Percy și Bagajul Uitat||Percy and the Looked Baggage|
|Polish||Piotrek i Zgubiony Bagaż||Percy and the Lost Baggage|
|German||Percy und das vergessene Gepäck||Percy and the Lost Luggage|
|Czech||Percy a zapomenutá zavazadla||Percy and the Forgotten Luggage|
|Croatian||Pero i ostavljena prtljaga||Percy and the Left Luggage|
|Portuguese||Percy e a bagagem||Percy and the Baggage|
|Slovak||Percy a zabudnutá batožina||Percy and the Forgotten Luggage|
|Chinese||培西和行李寄存||Percy and the Luggage Storage|
|Thai||เพอร์ซี่กับงานส่งกระเป๋า||Percy with a Bag|
Home Media Releases