|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the UK book, the German book or the DVD.|
|Percy and the Haunted Mine|
Percy and the Haunted Mine is the thirteenth episode of the sixth season.
The stations are preparing for a Best Dressed Station competition and Percy has to collect some trucks from Maithwaite. On the way, he has to stop by an old mine. He is terrified when he sees a mine chimney sinking into the ground and when he tells Donald and Douglas, they claim is the naughty gnomes which makes him feel even more scared.
Later, when Percy is to collect garden gnomes for a station, he sees the warehouse sink and is convinced it is the naughty gnomes. He bumps some trucks, and garden gnomes fall out. Percy is terrified and runs back to Lower Tidmouth station, where Sir Topham Hatt explains that in fact the gnomes were garden gnomes and that the buildings were just sinking into old mine shafts. The next day, Lower Tidmouth wins the Best Dressed Station competition, due to the fact they had the gnomes.
- Donald and Douglas
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Thomas (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Stepney (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- Nancy (deleted scene cameo)
- Lower Tidmouth
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Maithwaite Quarry Mine
- Tidmouth Bay
- Maithwaite (mentioned)
- A scrap Thomas and Lorry 2 model are seen at the mine.
- Several of the miniature garden gnomes were preserved by wikia user Daniel Coffey after they were all sold from the Prop Store in Los Angeles.
- The large scale models of the garden gnomes are used in the shot where Percy runs away from the mine.
- In the long shot of Percy leaving Tidmouth Sheds, the steam platform blows steam too late.
- In the close-ups of Percy during the scene of the Fat Controller telling him about the gnomes (except when he says "Garden gnomes?") the sky is grey.
- The narrator said that Percy "buffered up" to the trucks, but he stopped some distance away from them.
- When Percy enters Dryaw and when he leaves to return to the vans, his steam platform is visible.
- Stepney has Skarloey's whistle sound.
- In the US version, Alec Baldwin does not give Donald and Douglas Scottish accents.
- The narrator says the Percy steamed back to Lower Tidmouth station, even though he had not come from there in the first place. The Fat Controller had not even told Percy to take the garden gnomes to Lower Tidmouth station before that.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Percy og den hjemsøkte gruven||Percy and the Haunted Mine|
|Swedish||Percy och spöktåget||Percy and the Ghost Train|
|Danish||Gamle Mine||Old Mine|
|Japanese||パーシーとゆうれいこうざん||Percy and the Ghost Mine|
|Polish||Piotruś i Nawiedzona Kopalnia||Percy and the Haunted Mine|
|Hungarian||Percy és a Szellemjárta Bánya||Percy and the Haunted Mine|
|Italian||Percy e la Miniera Stregata||Percy and the Haunted Mine|