|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
|Percy and the Haunted Mine|
September 6th, 2002
Percy and the Haunted Mine is the thirteenth episode of the sixth season.
The stations are preparing for a Best Dressed Station competition and Percy has to collect some trucks from Maithwaite. On the way, he has to stop by an old mine. He is terrified when he sees a mine chimney sinking into the ground and when he tells Donald and Douglas the claim is the naughty gnomes. This really does not help. Later, when Percy is to collect garden gnomes for a station, he sees the warehouse sink and is convinced it is the naughty gnomes. He bumps some trucks, and garden gnomes fall out. Percy is terrified and runs back to Lower Tidmouth station, where Sir Topham Hatt explains that in fact the gnomes were garden gnomes and that the buildings were just sinking into old mine shafts. The next day, Lower Tidmouth wins the Best Dressed Station competition, due to the fact they had the gnomes.
- Donald and Douglas
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Thomas (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Stepney (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- In Sweden, this episode is named "Percy and the Ghost Train". In Denmark, it is called "Old Mine". In Japan it is called "Ghost Mine and Percy".
- A scrap Thomas model is seen at the mine.
- In the long shot of Percy leaving Tidmouth Sheds, the steam platform blows steam too late.
- In the close-ups of Percy during the scene of the Fat Controller telling him about the gnomes (except when he says "Garden gnomes?") the sky is grey.
- The narrator said that Percy "buffered up" to the trucks, but he stopped some distance away from them.
- No explanation is given as to why trucks and a brakevan would still be at the abandoned mine.
- When Percy enters Dryaw and when he leaves to return to the vans, his steam platform is visible.
- Stepney has Skarloey's whistle sound.
- In the Welsh version, the winner board has 2004 as the year that the competition was held.