|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Norwegian DVD.|
- "The Fat Controller/Sir Topham Hatt was right; delivering the coal is a very important job."
Percy and the Funfair, retitled Percy and the Carnival in American releases, is the fourth episode of the tenth season.
Every year, the Fat Controller's funfair comes to Sodor much to the excitement of all of the children and engines, especially Percy. At Tidmouth Sheds, the Fat Controller gives the engines their jobs. Gordon is to take the fairground folk, Toby is to bring the bumper cars, Edward is to haul the carousel, Henry is to pull the roller coaster, James and Emily are to bring the Ferris wheel, and Thomas is to collect the fireworks and the Chinese dragon. Percy is hopeful that he will be given a special job, but the Fat Controller tells him to deliver coal to all of the coal bunkers on the railway.
Percy is disappointed; he thinks that delivering coal is not an important job at all. After collecting the coal trucks, Percy sets off with his deliveries. However, whilst waiting at a red signal by a school, Percy sees Edward and Toby pass by. Thinking that helping his friends is much more important, Percy leaves his coal trucks behind.
However, neither Toby nor Edward need Percy's help, nor do Emily, James, Henry, Gordon, or Thomas. After trying to help his friends, Percy quickly remembers that he had not delivered any of the coal. To make matters worse, James and Emily are out of coal. Percy realises how wrong he was to abandon his job, so he rushes off to collect his coal trucks.
Very soon, thanks to Percy, the coal bunkers are refilled and all of the engines are on the move again. At last, the fun fair is ready and Percy arrives there just as the entertainment begins. Now Percy knows that delivering the coal is a very important job.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Thomas (does not speak)
- Henry (does not speak)
- Gordon (does not speak)
- Sodor Brass Band (does not speak)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- The School
- The Coaling Plant
- The Lumber Mill
- The Hay Farm
- Maithwaite Showground
- This episode marks the first appearance of the Chinese Dragon since the third season episode, Thomas, Percy and the Dragon.
- In some rare photos, Toby's trucks are different colours.
- This is the first episode where all the engines' given jobs are mentioned or at least the Steam Team's jobs:
- Thomas - Pulling the fireworks and the Chinese Dragon.
- Edward - Pulling the merry-go-round.
- Henry - Pulling the rollercoaster.
- Gordon - Taking the fairground folk to the fair.
- James - Pulling the ferris wheel with Emily.
- Percy - Delivering coal to the stations.
- Toby - Pulling the bumper cars.
- Emily - Pulling the ferris wheel with James.
- Percy passes by signals that are up and didn't stop.
- The narrator says, "Toby was pulling flatbeds," but he clearly was not.
- When Percy arrives at the funfair, he is seen to Henry's right which is where Toby was earlier.
- When Edward passes Percy, the former and Henry's themes are playing at the same time.
- When James says "There's no coal at the stations" his right (viewer left) lamp iron is oversized.
- Before Percy goes up to James who ran out of coal, he is on the outer track. But when he pulls up next to him, he is on the middle track.
- Also, in the full shot of the Fat Controller with his two bodyguards, white tack can be seen on his left (viewer's right) foot.
- In the Latin American version, after James' line "There's no coal at the stations." James is mistakenly referred as Henry.
- Take Along (playset and movie car; both discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail
- Books - Thomas, Percy and the Funfair and Thomas, Percy and the Funfair
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Percy y la Feria||Percy and the Fair|
|Norwegian||Percy og tivoliet||Percy and the Funfair|
|Japanese||パーシーといどうゆうえんち||Percy and the Funfair|
|Dutch||Percy en de kermis||Percy and the Funfair|
|Russian||Перси и ярмарка развлечений||Percy and the Funfair|
|Italian||Percy e il Luna Park||Percy and the Luna Park|
|Chinese||培西和游乐园||Percy and the Amusement Parks|
|Danish||Percy og tivoliet||Percy and the Fairground|
|Hungarian||A Legfontosabb Feladat||The Most Important Task|
|Swedish||Percy och tivolit||Percy and the Fairground|
|Finnish||Pekka ja Huvipuisto||Percy and the Amusement Park|
|Polish||Piotrek i wesołe miasteczko||Percy and the Funfair|
|Portuguese||Percy e o parque de diversões||Percy and the Amusement Park|
|Romanian||Percy și Carnavalul||Percy and the Carnival|
|Czech||Percy a pouť||Percy and the Pilgrimage|
|German||Percy und der Jahrmarkt||Percy and the Fairground|
|Slovak||Percy a jarmok||Percy and the Fair|
|Thai||เพอร์ซีและงานรื่นเริง||Percy and the Carnival|
|Croatian||Pero i lunapark||Percy and the Amusement Park|
Home Media Releases