- “You're heavier than a steamroller and a bulldozer put together!”
- ―Nelson to Thomas
Nelson gets tired of his job of always having to carry the other machines to and from work and back home. Nelson wishes that he could be carried for once. That night, Nelson had a dream that he was being carried, until Miss Jenny woke him up next morning that Thomas had an accident at Maithwaite Crossing and Sir Topham Hatt needed Nelson to take him to the repair yard.
Nelson arrived to see that Thomas came off the rails and broke a wheel. Nelson was careful to load Thomas, but comments that he is heavier than a bulldozer and a steamroller put together, much to Thomas' surprise as he is only a tank engine. While on their way to the repair yard, Thomas was impressed with Nelson and how nice it was to be carried for a change. Nelson told Thomas he wanted to be carried too, but does not think anyone is big enough to carry him.
Nelson arrives on time where Sir Topham Hatt was waiting and he praises him as a really useful truck. Miss Jenny needs Nelson back at the yards, so Nelson said he would drive as fast as he can, but Sir Topham Hatt said that would not be necessary when Percy arrived to carry Nelson back to the yards, much to Nelson's delight. Nelson was loaded onto Percy's flatbed. Nelson was having a really splendid ride and it was as magical as he had dreamed.
- This episode was originally to be titled Nelson Gets Carried Away, although that title is listed on Virgin TV Anytime's website.
- According to Dave Axford, the bridge that Nelson carries Oliver underneath may have been part of the Big Dipper.
- This episode marks Nelson's last appearance to date.
- Going by production order, this would have been the twenty-first episode in the series before the other thirteen episodes were cancelled.
- The current title is misleading as the episode is mainly focused around Nelson.
- When Nelson says, "We'll get you back in no time," his eyes are wonky.
- There is a hole in Thomas' running plate on his left side.
- Thomas is winched onto Nelson's trailer without any rails to guide his wheels.
- In the second shot of Nelson carrying Byron, his trailer is missing its winch.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Percy Helpt Een Handje|
|German||Percy Hilft Heraus|
Home Media Releases
UK DVD Boxsets
US DVD Boxsets
- Thomas' Trusty Friends and On Site with Thomas Double Feature
- Ultimate Thomas Collection
- Totally Thomas Volume 9