- “Percy, you are not to blame for the points failure, but I do not run a jam factory!”
- ―Sir Topham Hatt to Percy
One day, James is waiting at the junction when Percy arrives with some troublesome trucks. James tells Percy that engines should always be on time while he puffs away. Percy thinks James is being bossy and ignores him. It is market day when James arrives at the harbour to see all the wonderful fruits from far away lands. James' trucks are filled and he sets off along the main line. On the way, he meets Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel and cannot resist boasting. Thomas knows that there will be trouble ahead for boastful James.
Back at the yard, Percy is busy shunting when the stationmaster tells his driver that James' brakes are jammed and that Percy has to go and help him at once. Percy quickly sets off and soon finds James stranded on the main line. Percy cannot resist laughing and teasing James. Percy's driver soon intervenes and asks Percy if he can push the trucks of fruit. Soon, Percy is coupled to the trucks and sets off. Percy is in a hurry and is not paying full attention to the line. He has not seen that the points has failed and that he has been diverted into a siding - until it is too late. Percy crashes into the buffers and gets covered in sticky fruit. The Fat Controller sternly reminds Percy that while the point failure is not his fault, his railway is not a jam factory.
That night in the sheds, all the engines are silent until Thomas reminds everyone that they are all Really Useful Engines.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Big Mickey (cameo)
- Arlesburgh Harbour
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Lower Suddery
- Three Tier Bridge
- Shunting Yards
- Sodor Trading Co.
- Tidmouth Tunnel
- The Three Way Road
- This episode was adapted from the magazine story, Percy Gets Jammed by Andrew Brenner.
- The truck in front of Percy has NE written on it.
- Stock footage from Thomas, Percy and the Post Train is used, as is a deleted scene from Heroes.
- Izzy Gomez and Big Mickey from TUGS appear.
- This episode marks Annie and Clarabel's only speaking roles in the third season.
- When James is watching his trucks being loaded, there are four open-topped trucks, but when he leaves the harbour, one of them is replaced with a goods van.
- When James leaves the harbour, the first truck is missing a face.
- As Percy sets off with James' trucks, James' front wheels are derailed and Percy jerks back before starting.
- During the crash scene, Percy's cab's roof is lifted.
- There are 11 berths in Tidmouth Sheds instead of the usual six.
- At the end of the episode, a wire of some sort is wrapped around James' funnel.
- When James puffs by Thomas, Annie and Clarabel, Annie is missing her name.
- Because stock footage is used, one close-up of Percy's driver is at night.
- Percy: "Got yourself into a bit of a jam, eh James? What you might call a 'sticky situation'?"
- James: "Be quiet! It's not funny having jammed brakes!"
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Percy, James en de Soep||Percy, James and the Soup|
|German||Heute ist Obsttag||Today is Fruit Day|
|Spanish||Percy, James y un Día Fructífero||Percy, James & a Fruitful Day|
|Brazilian Portuguese||James e Percy e um Dia de Fruta||James, Percy and the Fruit Day|
|Danish||Percy, James og en Frugtbar Dag||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Norwegian||Percy, James og den Fruktbare Dagen||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Swedish||Percy, James och den Fruktbara Dagen||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Finnish||Hedelmällistä Yhteistyötä||Fruitful Teamwork|
|Italian||Locomotive nei Pasticci||Engines in Trouble|
|Hungarian||Percy és James Gyümölcsöző Napja||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Romanian||Percy, James și Ziua Lor Rodincă||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Polish||Piotrek, Kuba i Owocny Dzień||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Slovak||Percy, Jakub a Ovocná Deň||Percy, James and Fruity Day|
|Czech||Percy, James a Ovocný Den||Percy, James and a Fruit Day|
|Slovenian||Poldi, Jakob in Uspešen Dan||Percy, James and the Successful Day|
|Chinese||培西詹姆士和富有成果的一天||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Ukrainian||Персі, Джеймс і плідний день||Percy, James and Fruitful Day|
|Russian||плодотворный день||The Fruitful Day|
|Greek||Ο Τζέρι, Ο Τζίμι και η λαϊκή αγορά||Percy, James, and the Public Market|
|Serbian||Persi, Džejms i Dan Pun Voća||Percy, James and a Day Full of Fruit|
|Korean||쨈이 된 과일들||Fruits Became Jam|
|Thai||วันโชคร้ายของเพอร์ซีและเจมส์||Today is Unfortunately Percy and James|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 2||Season 3||Season 4 >>|
|#01||A Scarf for Percy||#10||The Trouble with Mud||#19||One Good Turn|
|#02||Percy's Promise||#11||No Joke for James||#20||Tender Engines|
|#03||Time for Trouble||#12||Thomas, Percy and the Post Train||#21||Escape|
|#04||Gordon and the Famous Visitor||#13||Trust Thomas||#22||Oliver Owns Up|
|#06||Thomas Gets Bumped||#15||Toby's Tightrope||#24||Heroes|
|#07||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon||#16||Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party||#25||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|#08||Diesel Does it Again||#17||Buzz, Buzz||#26||Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure|
|#09||Henry's Forest||#18||All at Sea||Canceled:||Gordon Goes Foreign|