Percy has been sent to work with Alfie on Halloween night. During a break, Kelly decides to tell everyone a scary story about a one-eyed truck. Percy and Alfie hope that the story is not too scary. Max and Monty then complain that "it's just a story". Jack finds this insulting, so he hushes them. With that, Kelly begins to tell the story. Later, after teasing everyone about the story, Max and Monty are sent to dump some dirt. After seeing some things on their way, they see a light and, thinking it is the one-eyed truck, run away in fright, but soon feel silly when they realise it was Thomas.
- Max and Monty
- The Foreman
- Oliver (cameo)
- Ned (cameo)
- Buster (cameo)
- The One-eyed Truck (mentioned)
- The Loader (mentioned)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- A widescreen version of this episode has only been so far shown on Virgin Media on Demand UK.
- The working title for this episode was going to be "Scaredy, Scaredy", although that title is listed on Virgin TV Anytime's website.
- For unknown reasons, this episode has only been released in the UK on a promotional DVD.
- This is the only episode in the spinoff Pack series not to feature Miss Jenny.
- When Jack says "Shh!" his face moves.
- The title was misleading due to the fact that Kelly was the storyteller of the One Eyed Truck story.
- In the British narration, when Thomas puffs beside Percy, the American term "freight cars" is used.
- Alfie is said to have chuffed, but he is an excavator.
- The steps beneath Percy's cab are red and his dome is green when his steps should be green and his dome should be brass coloured.
- In the British narration, the term "lorry" should have been used instead of "truck."
Home Media Releases
- On Site with Thomas and Other Adventures/Thomas' Trusty Friends
- On Site with Thomas and Other Adventures/Races, Rescues and Runaways and Other Thomas Adventures
- Ultimate Thomas Collection
- Totally Thomas Volume 5