|Peace and Quiet|
Peace and Quiet is the seventeenth episode of the seventh season.
Sir Topham Hatt brings in a big engine named Murdoch to help with the heavy workload. Murdoch is annoyed by Harvey and Salty's chatter and is relieved when he gets to take a goods train through the countryside. But he gets no happiness there when he is stopped by some sheep on the line. After Toby brings a farmer to shoo away the sheep, Murdoch appreciates the resulting quiet. When he returns to the sheds, he happily listens to one of Salty's tales.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Toby (does not speak)
- Farmer Trotter (not named; does not speak)
- Percy (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Douglas (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Arthur (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Gordon (deleted scene)
- Donald (deleted scene)
- Clarabel (deleted scene)
- Cyril the Fogman (deleted scene cameo)
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Knapford Sheds
- The Coaling Plant
- Henry's Tunnel
- Suddery Castle
- Tidmouth Harbour (stock footage)
- Wellsworth (deleted scene)
- The Cement Works (deleted scene)
- Stock footage from Fish is used.
- In a still picture, Arthur is not in the shed next to Harvey, Salty, and Murdoch.
- A faceless Bulstrode model can be seen in the second scene of the episode.
- In a deleted scene at Wellsworth, something white can be seen behind the station.
- This episode might have been filmed around the same time as Gordon and Spencer as in a deleted scene, Gordon, Clarabel, and Cyril are at Wellsworth in the same positions as they were in the aforementioned episode.
- Salty says, "Have you worked Marseille?" Marseille is a city in southern France known for its large harbour.
- This episode marks the last appearance of Duck until the twelfth season, excluding a stock footage cameo in Not So Hasty Puddings.
- When Murdoch puffs into the coaling plant, Duck is shunting trucks. In the next scene, Duck is on another line and Percy has disappeared.
- After Murdoch passes Percy and Duck, he has the train he pulls the next day.
- When Murdoch is about to depart from Brendam, his eyes look strange.
- The narrator says "The farmer and his dog went to work", but the farmer has two dogs.
- When Murdoch tells Harvey and Salty off, Harvey does not have a face.
- Near the end when Murdoch was smiling about Salty's story, his eyes went odd for a second.
- The number of the few black sheep amongst the flock keeps changing.
- When Murdoch returns the shed in the last scene Emily is there too, but in the last two shots she has disappeared.
In other languages
|Japanese||あらしのあとのしずけさ||The Calm After A Storm|