|Orange Branch Line Coaches|
|Red Branch Line Coaches|
There are two types of branch line coaches on the North Western Railway.
There were a number of orange four-wheeled coaches used on secondary and branch line services. They were usually pulled by Edward, Henry and James. As of the third season, Annie and Clarabel appear to be the only coaches of this kind left. However, two orange coaches appear in an eighth season learning segment.
The red coaches are based on LBSCR Stroudley four-wheel coaches.
The red branch line coaches first appeared in the second season and were often seen scattered around the yard with trucks.
- In the annual story, Pantomime Pranks, one of the orange branch line coaches was painted green. In the magazine story, Rain or Shine, one of the orange branch line coaches was painted yellow.
- In Hero of the Rails and The Lion of Sodor, one of the red branch line coaches is painted brown. Coaches painted blue, green, yellow, orange, black, and white were featured in a game on the Official Website.
- Motor Road and Rail (red coaches; discontinued)
- TrackMaster (red coaches; discontinued)
- Bachmann (red coaches; coming soon)