|This article is about the 2004 magazine story. You may be looking for the 2003 magazine story or the De Agostini magazine story.|
- “Ahoy there shipmates! Please take my picture too!”
On the Beach is a rhyming magazine story.
Bulstrode is a huge attraction on the beach. Salty is jealous - no one wants to take his photograph. Bulstrode tells him it is because he is not special enough. As he passes the beach, Salty hits a bumpy rail and falls right onto the beach. Now, for a while at least, people are taking notice of him.
- This story is similar to the magazine story of the same name published a year earlier.
- Salty is seen letting off steam in two illustrations.
- Throughout the story, Salty is missing the pink warning stripes along his body.
- In one illustration, Bulstrode is missing his name on his hull.