|This article is about the Story Library book. You may be looking for the engine, the Railway Series book, the excavator, the Engine Adventures book, the 1997 magazine story, or the 1998 magazine story.|
Oliver is the fourteenth book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
Douglas helps save Oliver from being scrapped along with Isabel and Toad. The Fat Controller is proud of this and gives Oliver the job of working on Duck's branch line.
- The Fat Controller
- Isabel (does not speak)
- Toad (does not speak)
- Bertie (cameo)
- D261 (cameo)
- This book is based on the story, "Escape" from the Railway Series book, Enterprising Engines.
- Oliver's autocoach Isabel appears, but not Dulcie; likewise, the Diesel makes a cameo appearance.
- In one picture, Douglas does not have buffers on his tender.
- Oliver's bogie wheels are dark grey in some illustrations while in others they are the correct green colour.
- The side of Oliver's running board is red when it should be black.
- Douglas' front wheel-arches are incorrectly painted black.
- The Diesel's buffers are black when they should be white. Also, his number is missing.
- in the second illustration, the Diesel appears to have a second face with no facial features.
- Oliver has his number 11 before joining Sir Topham Hatt's Railway.