There are six old tenders found on the North Western Railway. They are described as being very old, dirty and filled with boiler sludge.
The old tenders are based on the LMS Fowler 3500-gallon tender.
The old tenders are painted in rust.
- Season 3 - Tender Engines and Escape
- Season 4 - Rusty to the Rescue (one only)
- Season 6 - Middle Engine (one only)
- Season 7 - Fergus Breaks the Rules (two only)
- Season 8 - Halloween (one only)
- The Great Discovery (one only; deleted scene)
- Five New Engines in the Shed (two only)
- One of the old tenders has "LMS" on the side, a possible reference to Henry's basis; the LMS Black 5 Class. Some of the other tenders have "NE" on the sides, indicating that they are North Eastern Railway tenders.
- One of the old tenders were used for the Halloween Engine's tender.
- It also gained a tail lamp.