Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Old Slowcoach, or simply known as Coach, is a GWR Victorian luxury coach.
Old Slowcoach was a luxurious coach when she was first brought to the Island of Sodor, but was eventually replaced by modern rolling stock. She was sent to the scrap yards, and was long due for the scrapheap when Thomas and Percy met her. The two tank engines vowed to find a way to save her, and their chance came sooner than expected when the workmen's hut was destroyed by a fire. Thomas and Percy suggested that Old Slowcoach could house the workmen while a new hut was being made. Old Slowcoach was restored and taken to the beach to be used as the hut for the workmen.
After the workmen's hut was rebuilt, Old Slowcoach was brought back on the rails to be used as a coach again. When Percy was looking for something "old" for Mrs. Kyndley's daughter's good luck package at her wedding, she became the "old" item.
Old Slowcoach is a Falmouth Coupe TRI brake coach, built in 1893 for the Great Western Railway.
Old Slowcoach is painted in the Great Western Railway's chocolate and cream livery.
- Fu Suzuki (Japan)
- Old Slowcoach is the first coach with moving eyes and a moulded face like the engines, the second being Henrietta, starting from the eighteenth season.
- Old Slowcoach was also the last sentient coach to be created in the television series until the Slip Coaches in the eighteenth season.
- In the Spanish, Czech and Polish dubs, Old Slowcoach is portrayed as a male.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (Asia only; discontinued)
- Trading Cards (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Boss (discontinued)