| Not So Hasty Puddings/|
Not So Hasty Cakes/
Thomas and the Avalanche
Not So Hasty Puddings, retitled Not So Hasty Cakes or Thomas and the Avalanche in American releases, is the twenty-fourth episode of the seventh season.
It is Christmas time on the Island and snow is lying heavy on the ground. When Elizabeth is given the task to deliver Christmas puddings, Thomas becomes jealous thinking he could do a better job. Elizabeth thinks Thomas is silly, but when Elizabeth is delivering the puddings, the slippery roads and the weight of the cargo gets her stuck in a snowdrift. Thomas and Terence come to rescue her and Thomas helps Elizabeth deliver the puddings just in time.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Terence (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Salty (cameo)
- Duncan (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Nancy (cameo)
- Henry (stock footage cameo)
- Toby (stock footage cameo)
- Duck (stock footage cameo)
- Brendam Docks
- The Viaduct
- Sodor Pudding Factory
- Suddery Castle
- The Works
- Rheneas Viaduct
- Castle Loch (stock footage)
- Edited stock footage from The Flying Kipper, It's Only Snow, and Snow Engine is used.
- This marks the final appearance of Terence until The Great Discovery.
- This marks the first and only appearance of Hackenbeck in the television series.
- The Sodor Puddings sign is now preserved by wikia user Daniel Coffey from the Prop Gallery.
- In the close-up of Elizabeth's wheels, the platform used to make her slide is visible.
- Because stock footage is used, Henry is in his old shape, from before his rebuild.
- Although this episode is called "Not So Hasty Cakes" in the American narration, the factory sign still says "Puddings".
- Because stock footage is used, Thomas and Toby can be seen pulling a Christmas tree at one point. But neither the tree nor Toby should be there as Thomas is supposed to be pulling Annie and Clarabel. Also, Thomas is wearing his metal snowplough.
- One of the US titles, "Thomas and the Avalanche", is misleading as there was no avalanche in the episode.
- In a picture, Elizabeth's eyes are wonky and black and red wires are seen in her cab.
- Thomas gains a brakevan when he puffs through the valley.
- When Thomas arrives at the docks, Salty is seen going by one way then, when Thomas leaves, James is seen going in the opposite direction on the same line.
- When Thomas and Terence are flagged down by Elizabeth's driver, Terence's eyes are wonky.
In other languages
|Swedish||Ingen förhastade puddingar||No Hasty Puddings|
|Polish||Świąteczne Wypieki||Christmas Pastries|
|Hungarian||A Karácsonyi Puding||The Christmas Pudding|