Norman, nicknamed Norm, is a Diesel. He has a twin named Dennis.
Norman was one of the Diesels who took over the Sodor Steamworks. He later laughed at Flynn for not being able to rescue Thomas. Norman told Percy that Sidney had been on his hoist for two years and was there when he was given his new wheels. He also offered Thomas a place to sleep at the Dieselworks when the turntable at Tidmouth Sheds was frozen.
Norman is a Diesel engine who often breaks down. If he were fixed properly, he would show what a Really Useful Engine he is. He wants to be liked by all the engines so he does his part at the Dieselworks and follows all of his orders.
Norman is based on the Bulleid Diesel prototype, No. 11001. Dennis is also based on this engine.
Norman is painted red-orange with yellow lining and a grey roof.
- Season 15 - Fiery Flynn (cameo)
- Season 16 - Bust My Buffers! (cameo)
- Season 17 - The Missing Christmas Decorations and The Frozen Turntable
- Day of the Diesels (cameo)
- 2011 - Flaming Flynn (cameo)
- In the seventeenth season, Norman gained a permanent tail lamp.
- Norman is Dennis' twin. This is thought to be impossible as No. 11001 was the only one of its type built. However, other engines, such as Skarloey/Talyllyn and Rheneas/Dolgoch, share the same dilemma.
- Diesel 10: The steamies have a lot more decorations then we do.
- Norman: I went to Tidmouth Sheds to fetch some trucks, and they have loads of decorations!
- Sidney: What about me? I'm a decoration!
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Barry • The Austerity Engine • The Red Engine • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • The Works Diesel • Pip and Emma • Peel Godred Engines|
|Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Billy • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Bash and Dash • Ferdinand • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Derek • Diesel 10 • 'Arry and Bert • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Flynn • Winston • Stafford|