|This article is about the Story Library book. You may be looking for the character.|
Neville is the forty-fifth book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
The Fat Controller announces to the engines, that a new engine called Neville has arrived on Sodor, and Thomas, Emily, and James are very excited. Later, Thomas is stopped by a signalbox as the bridge ahead is broken and requires some ironwork. Thomas then goes to the docks to collect it.
At Brendam Docks, Neville is slowly reversing to his trucks when 'Arry and Bert both push him very hard into the trucks, giving Neville quite a scare! Thomas arrives and sees Neville with 'Arry and Bert, thinking that they are laughing together. At Knapford, Thomas tells James about Neville; then, whilst taking on water, James tells Percy about Neville as he passes him; and then, Percy tells Emily.
Later, at Crovan's Gate, the Fat Controller tells Thomas to warn engines not to cross the broken bridge. Then Neville arrives with Annie and Clarabel, much to Thomas' shock. Thomas is cross because Neville is pulling his coaches. Emily is also cross with Neville, because she heard that he was going to biff into all the steamies. This made Neville sad and confused, so he leaves. When Toby arrives to explain that Salty saw 'Arry and Bert being horrible to Neville, Thomas and Emily feel bad. Thomas then realises that he forgot to warn Neville about the broken bridge, so he sets off to the rescue. Though Neville crashes through the barrier, Thomas arrives in time to save him and his coaches. Asking Neville for forgiveness, Thomas makes friends with the new engine.
- 'Arry and Bert
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Salty (mentioned)
- 'Arry and Bert actually bump Neville into the trucks.
- Thomas sees Neville with 'Arry and Bert at the Docks instead of the Timber Yard.
- Edward is not involved in the rumour.
- Toby hears about 'Arry and Bert being horrible to Neville from Salty instead of Henry.
- This book is based on the Ninth season episode Thomas and the New Engine.
- Neville is incorrectly illustrated with spoked driving wheels. His prototype, the Bulleid Q1s were built with "Bulleid-Firth-Brown" driving wheels.
- 'Arry and Bert are missing the words "Sodor Ironworks" on their sides.
- On the cover, Neville's wheels are light grey when they should be black.