Neil Crone (born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on 29 May 1960) is a Canadian actor, voice actor and comedian who provided voices for some of the characters in Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
Improvisation partners Neil Crone and Kevin Frank had originally auditioned to voice the troublesome trucks. Crone was given the role of Diesel 10 when Britt Allcroft and the producers heard him doing a Russian accent whilst fooling around during the recording of the trucks' lines. The Russian accent was eventually dropped after test audiences claimed that it would be offensive. While fooling around, Frank and Crone were asked to try out for some of the other characters.
Besides voicing many of the characters, Neil Crone and Kevin Frank were also asked to add more comedy to the script. It was Neil Crone's idea to name Diesel 10's claw "Pinchy". Both were "creative consultants" for the film.
Other credits include, Ray on the Canadian sitcom "Really Me", Mr. Borba in "Good Witch", Fred Tupper in "Little Mosque on the Prarie", several characters in "Odd Squad", Agent Kringle in "Eloise at Christmastime" and Dwayne in "Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race".
- Gordon (Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Diesel 10 (Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- The Tumbleweed
- Troublesome Trucks (cut from film)
- He worked on "The Magic School Bus" alongside Shining Time Station actresses Erica Luttrell and Elizabeth Hanna.
- Both he and Salty's Lighthouse voice actress Lenore Zann voiced characters from "Stunt Dawgs".
- He and Shining Time Station actress, Jayne Eastwood both had roles in the 2007 film, "Hairspray" and the TV series, "Little Mosque on the Prairie".
- He, Cal Dodd, Jared Wall and Eastwood also had roles in "Goosebumps".
- He and Cal Dodd both had roles in "Gotta Catch Santa Claus".
- He, Tracy Blagdon, Piero D'Aloisio, Steve D'Angelo and Terry Tompkins all worked on "Super Why".
- He writes a syndicated column for Metroland Newspapers. Some of these columns have recently been released in a book compilation.