Ned is an old steam shovel and a member of the Pack.
Ned mainly carries out clearance work and quarry digging. Ned is sometimes clumsy, but can always be relied on by his friends. Once he accidentally knocked down a building, which Oliver was unable to.
Ned means well, but he can sometimes be clumsy. Indeed, he once nearly caused a terrible accident by knocking out the keystone of a bridge when Thomas was due to cross with a goods train. Luckily, Jack managed to save the day by supporting the bridge until Thomas went over. But apart from the minor bumps and accidents, Ned's heart is as big as his bucket and he is a valued member of the Pack.
Ned is based on a Bucyrus-Erie Steam Shovel Model B-2, minus the caterpillar treads.
Ned is painted brown and orange with a grey roof, a dark brown bucket, arm, and chassis and yellow detailing. He has his number painted on each side.
- Season 6 - Jack Jumps In (cameo) and A Friend in Need
- The Pack - Jack Owns Up, On Site with Thomas, Percy's Scary Tale (cameo), Thomas and the Moles (does not speak), Thomas' Trusty Friends, and Alfie Has Kittens
- The Great Discovery (does not speak)
- 2003 - Jack Helps Out (does not speak)
- Yasuhiro Takato (Japan; sixth season)
- Ned has his jib arm right in front of his face, which could make visibility difficult.
- Originally, Ned had "Packard & Co." written on the sides of his body. It was later changed to "Sodor Construction Company".
- Ned is one of the machines whose silhouette is pictured in the Pack's logo.
|Nelson • Jack • Alfie • Oliver • Max and Monty • Kelly • Byron • Ned • Isobella • Patrick • Buster|