My Thomas Story Library is a series of books published by Egmont in collaboration with HiT Entertainment. The stories featured in some books are loose adaptations of original Railway Series stories by the Rev. W. Awdry, whilst others are adapted from the television series. A number of the books also adapt Railway Series stories that were skipped in the television series.
The books are illustrated using special enhanced graphics by Robin Davies and Jerry Smith. Phil Jacobs, Creative Design and Railway Series illustrator Clive Spong have also worked on the illustrations.
The series ended in 2011 after a decrease in sales. It was replaced by the Thomas Story Time series in 2012. In 2014, a new revamped Story Library line was announced, the My First Railway Library. In 2015, some were re-released with different titles. In 2016, the series was relaunched again under the title Engine Adventures.
- Thomas: Thomas and Gordon/Thomas and the Breakdown Train
- James: James and the Coaches/Troublesome Trucks
- Donald and Douglas: The Twin Engines
- Toby: Toby and the Stout Gentleman/Mrs. Kyndley's Christmas
- Bulgy: Bulgy
- Elizabeth: Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry
- Cranky/Thomas and Percy to the Rescue: Cranky Bugs
- Terence/Thomas' Snowy Day: Thomas, Terence and the Snow
- Skarloey: Crosspatch/Bucking Bronco
- Mavis: Mavis/Toby's Tightrope
- Percy: Percy and the Signal/Percy's Promise
- Bill and Ben: Heroes
- Sir Handel/Sir Handel Learns a Lesson: A Bad Day for Sir Handel
- Oliver: Escape
- Bulstrode: Bulstrode
- Gordon: Edward and Gordon/Whistles and Sneezes
- Edward: Cows/Old Iron
- Duncan: Passengers and Polish/Gallant Old Engine
- Salty: Salty's Secret
- Stepney: Stepney Gets Lost
- Duck/No Nonsense, Duck!: Duck Takes Charge/Donald's Duck
- Henry: Coal
- Harold/Percy and Harold's Big Race: Percy and Harold
- Peter Sam: Special Funnel
- Emily: Emily's New Coaches/Emily's New Route
- Trevor/Trevor's Lucky Day: Saved from Scrap
- Bertie: Thomas and Bertie
- Diesel: Thomas and the Evil Diesel
- Daisy: Daisy/Percy's Predicament/Bulls Eyes
- Spencer/Edward takes the Lead: Gordon and Spencer/Edward the Great
- Rheneas: Rheneas and the Roller Coaster
- Annie and Clarabel: Thomas and the Guard/The Runaway
- George/George meets his Match: Steam Roller
- 'Arry and Bert: Halloween
- Jack/Thomas' New Friend: Jack Jumps In/A Friend in Need
- Fergus/Thomas' Good Advice: Bill, Ben and Fergus
- Mighty Mac/Mighty and Mac Work it Out: Mighty Mac
- Rusty/Rusty gets the Job Done: Rusty Saves the Day
- Molly/Molly the Very Special Engine: Molly's Special Special
- Harvey: Harvey to the Rescue
- Caroline: Train Stops Play
- Arthur: The Spotless Record
- Murdoch: Peace and Quiet
- Freddie: Fearless Freddie
- Neville: Thomas and the New Engine
- Rocky: Edward Strikes Out
- Rosie: Thomas and the Birthday Mail
- Dennis/Thomas the Helpful Engine: Thomas' Day Off
- Alfie/A Really Useful Engine: Alfie Has Kittens
- The Fat Controller/The Fat Controller's Busy Day: Trouble in the Shed
- BoCo: The Diseasel
- Jeremy/Thomas and Jeremy Working Together: Thomas and the Jet Plane
- Whiff: Emily's Rubbish
- Hector: Hector the Horrid!
- Billy/Thomas and Billy: Don't be Silly, Billy
- The Snowy Special: Henry's Lucky Day
- Thomas The Tank Engine Story Treasury
- Madge: Wash Behind Your Buffers
- Hank: Heave Ho Thomas
- Flora: Tram Trouble
- Colin: The Party Surprise
- Stanley: The Great Discovery
- Charlie: Play Time
- Hiro/Thomas Helps Out: Hero of the Rails
- Troublesome Trucks/Thomas meets the Troublesome Trucks: Thomas and the Trucks
- Victor: Steamy Sodor
- Haunted Henry: Haunted Henry
- The Snowy Surprise: Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure
- "Thomas to the Rescue" (released for World Book Day)
50 of the 65 titles in the series were republished and given new covers.
- [Name] and the Birthday Surprise
A special edition of the series which allows parents of Thomas fans to have their child written into a story as a character, who has a special birthday trip with Thomas.
- [Name] and the Christmas Rescue
A Christmas themed variant of the above, plus the option to add a friend of the participating child.
My First Railway Library
In 2014, Egmont Publishing announced that the My Thomas Story Library was going to be replaced with My First Railway Library. This series re-uses illustrations from the Story Library with some modifications, while the text is a rhyming verse about the featured character rather than a story.
- Thomas the Really Useful Engine
- Percy the Cheeky Little Engine
- James the Splendid Red Engine
- Gordon the Big Strong Engine
- Henry the Smart Green Engine
- Thomas and the Easter Egg Hunt
- Bertie the Helpful Bus
Wooden Railway Book Packs
In 2015, six of the reintroduced Story Library books were released as website-exclusive products and each sold with a Wooden Railway engine for which the book was named after.
- Thomas the Tank Engine
- Percy the Small Engine
- Gordon the Big Engine
- James the Red Engine
- Emily the Stirling Engine
- Salty the Dockyard Diesel
- Aside from the Wooden Railway Book Packs, it's currently unknown if these were released in the United States.
- Donald and Douglas are painted blue throughout the series, as in the Railway Series books.
- The Arlesdale Railway was mentioned in Duck, despite having only appearing in the Railway Series until Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure.
- In July 2014, thirty titles were made available for digital download.
- The range was featured in a category round for children's books on a 2012 episode of the BBC game show Pointless.
- Kevin is the only Story Library book to feature a story that is not based off the television series or The Railway Series.
- Skarloey and Rheneas have brass domes, like in The Railway Series.
In Other Languages
|Czech||O mašince Tomášovi|