|This article is about the toy range. You may be looking for the book range.|
My First Thomas and Friends is a range of chunky plastic toys for young infants based on Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends. They were produced by Golden Bear Toys for the UK since 1996, and were distributed by Tomy in the US and Japan. The vehicles use chunky, simplistic designs, and the track system first consisted of coloured plastic pieces. The track was later replaced by playmats with illustrations. The range was discontinued in 2010.
- Express coach
- Troublesome Truck 1
- Troublesome Truck 2
- Red Truck
- Blue Truck
- Low loader
- Milk wagon
- Fuel tanker
- Sugar wagon
- Thomas Playset
- Percy Playset
- Thomas and Henry Playset
- Thomas and Friends Mega Value Playset
- Tunnel Bridge
- Thomas Track Set
- Thomas Track and Station Set
- Thomas Deluxe Set
- Thomas and Friends Playmat Playset
- Tour of Sodor Playmat
- Thomas and Rosie Playset
Drive-away Talking Engines
The talking versions of the "My First" models were first released in 2000. The models are more complex than the basic ones: their eyes move and they speak familiar phrases from the original stock narrations of Ringo Starr and Michael Angelis. Eleven of the models have never been released in the normal range. The original talking versions had the ability to speak to each other.
- Peter Sam
- Sir Topham Hatt's car
- The sound test function that can be activated (when holding down the button, putting one battery back in the engine, and then letting go of the button) on the original engines from 2000 included the names of characters that were not released in the talking range, nor regular range.
- Lady is the only talking engine from the interactive range to not be rereleased in the later non-interactive talking range.
- The original and rereleased Percy's phrases are different.
- Cranky is painted blue.
- Duck and Oliver are missing their GWR lettering.
- Bulstrode is yellow and blue.
- Henry and Gordon were first released with separate tenders. They were later re-released with connected tenders.
- The prototype Victor uses Oliver's face.
- Thomas and Percy share the same tooling.
- Edward and James share the same tooling.
- Gordon and Henry share the same tooling.
- Lorry 1 is painted brown.
- Peter Sam has his old funnel.