|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the US DVD.|
Mud, Glorious Mud is a Jack and the Sodor Construction Company episode.
The Pack is digging foundations for the new dairy farm, but one by one they start to run out of fuel and become stuck. The vehicle that was to deliver the needed fuel breaks down, so Thomas is told to deliver the fuel to Isobella at Cronk. It is then up to Isobella to deliver the fuel to the site and get the rest of the Pack up and running.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Miss Jenny
- The Policeman
- The Foreman
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Salty (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Max and Monty (cameo)
- Byron (cameo)
- The title is a line from the chorus of the popular Flanders and Swann song: "The Hippopotamus."
- This marks the last Jack and the Sodor Construction Company episode to date after the rest of the season was cancelled.
- This episode marks Isobella and Byron's last appearances to date.
- When all the machines run out of fuel, Byron is seen smiling behind Jack.
- During the very first shot of The Pack, the scene is sped up. But as Alfie is seen leaving, the scene suddenly slows down and reverses for a second.
- The title card is missing the comma.
- The narrator says that water was up to Isobella's axles, but the water barely reached her tyres.
- Thomas' flatbed was loaded with red and black fuel drums, though Isobella was only loaded with red ones it was supposed all the fuel was for The Pack machines.
- Despite all of the machines running out of fuel, Oliver's bucket arm moves right as the camera cuts when the narrator says "By now, the machines were out of fuel."
- When Isobella arrives with the fuel drums, the mud on Alfie's chassis is dry but the mud on the other machines was wet.
In Other Languages
|German||Die Schlammschlacht||The Mud Fight|
|Dutch||Isobella Warboel Door||Isobella Muddles Through|
Home Media Releases
- Thomas' Trusty Friends