|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the US DVD.|
- “Its a good thing you steamers don't use diesel!”
- ―Miss Jenny to Isobella
Mud Glorious Mud is a Jack and the Sodor Construction Company episode.
The Pack are digging foundations for the new dairy farm, but one by one they start to run out of fuel and become stuck. The vehicle that was to deliver the needed fuel breaks down, so Thomas is told to deliver the fuel to Isobella at Cronk. It is then up to Isobella to deliver the fuel to the site and get the rest of the Pack up and running.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Miss Jenny
- The Policeman
- The Foreman
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Salty (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Max and Monty (cameo)
- Byron (cameo)
- The title is a line from the chorus of the popular Flanders and Swann song, The Hippopotamus. The line was previously said by Alfie in A Happy Day for Percy.
- This was the last Jack and the Sodor Construction Company episode of several things:
- The last episode as the rest of the series (the second half of it) was cancelled.
- The last episode devised produced by Phil Fehrle.
- The last episode to have a run time of four minutes and thirty seconds.
- This episode marks Isobella and Byron's last appearances to date.
- This episode marks the last appearances of The Pack and Miss Jenny until The Great Discovery.
- This is the only Jack and the Sodor Construction Company episode where Gordon, Salty and Trevor appear.
- When all the machines run out of fuel, Byron is seen smiling behind Jack. The same thing happens to Oliver.
- During the very first shot of The Pack, the scene is sped up. But as Alfie is seen leaving, the scene suddenly slows down and reverses for a second.
- The narrator says that water was up to Isobella's axles, but the water barely reached her tires.
- Despite all of the machines running out of fuel, Oliver's bucket arm moves right as the camera cuts when the narrator says, "By now, the machines were out of fuel!"
- When Isabella arrives with the fuel drums, the mud on Alfie's chassis is dry but the mud on the other machines was wet.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Isobella Warboel Door|
Home Media Releases
UK DVD Boxsets
AUS DVD Boxsets