|This article is about 'the driver'. You may be looking for 'the diesel engine'.|
Mr. Gilbert Perkins, also referred to as Driver Perkins (played by the late Ben Forster), is a driver on Sodor. Mr. Perkins helps out Sir Topham Hatt, all of Sodor's engines and the drivers. He has been featured on several DVDs from 2010 to 2017. He also presented the Down at the Station segments for the seventeenth season (repeated alongside the eighteenth and nineteenth seasons) under the title Mr. Perkins' Railway.
Mr. Perkins' segments came to an end following Ben Forster's death on 2nd January 2017 at the age of 59 from a battle with cancer.
Mr. Gilbert Perkins is a kind, helpful person. He always follows orders from Sir Topham Hatt.
- The common room segments were filmed in a studio in Altrincham, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom.
- The hand-knitted scarf, worn by Perkins in Mr. Perkins' Soccer Match, is preserved by the Top Props preservation group, after it was sold by The Prop Gallery.
- Mr. Perkins has said that he normally drives Thomas, but he has also driven Percy, James, Gordon and Diesel.
- In Henry and the Elephant, it was revealed he is married to Mrs. Perkins.
- His first name, Gilbert, was only mentioned in Mr. Perkins' Trainee.