|This article is about the 2011 magazine story. You may be looking for the special, the song, the PC game, the book, the 2010 magazine story, or the US magazine story.|
|Misty Island Rescue|
Thomas & Friends 608
February 16th, 2011
Misty Island Rescue is a short magazine story printed on a giant pull-out poster.
The Fat Controller sends Thomas to the Mainland to collect more Jobi Wood, but he gets lost and ends up on Misty Island. There he meets three new friends, Bash, Dash, and Ferdinand, the Logging Locos. The Logging Locos help Thomas find Jobi wood, but back on Sodor, the Fat Controller is worried and goes looking for Thomas. Meanwhile, Thomas and the Logging Locos are stuck in a tunnel that links Sodor to Misty Island. When they are freed, the Jobi wood is used to complete the Sodor Search and Rescue Centre.
- Thomas (does not speak)
- Bash and Dash (do not speak)
- Ferdinand (does not speak)
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Percy (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Captain (cameo)
- Harold (cameo)
- The Duke and Duchess of Boxford (cameo)
- This story is based on the special, Misty Island Rescue.
- It's not so much a story as it is a vague outline of the plot. It is completely different from the magazine story published last year.