Misty Island is located several miles off the southern coast of Sodor and can be seen from Brendam Docks when it is not covered in mist. It is the home of Bash, Dash and Ferdinand. The logging company's logo is a forest with two axes crossing each other.
At some point, Bash, Dash and Ferdinand were sent here after misbehaving on their original railway on the Mainland.
Thomas got lost there after the chain attaching his raft to the boat pulling it broke. Upon his arrival, he discovered that the rare Jobi trees needed to build the Sodor Search and Rescue Centre grew there. For some time afterwards, engines often visited Misty Island to collect Jobi wood.
- Season 14 - Thomas' Crazy Day, Jumping Jobi Wood!, Jitters and Japes and Merry Misty Island
- Season 15 - Gordon and Ferdinand, Toby and Bash, Emily and Dash, Happy Hiro, Let it Snow, Stop That Bus! and Tree Trouble
- Season 16 - Ol' Wheezy Wobbles, Welcome Stafford and The Christmas Tree Express
- Season 20 - The Way She Does It (mentioned)
- There are no rules on Misty Island.
- Misty Island is connected to Sodor via the Misty Island Tunnel.
- There are only two ways to get to Misty Island: by boat and via the Misty Island Tunnel. The latter is most commonly used.
- Misty Island appears to be devoid of people except of course for the engine crews of the Logging Locos.
- According to Hiro, Misty Island and his home island of Japan share many things in common.
- As well as Jobi wood, the island also produces Sea and Hill wood.
- According to SiF's interview with former script executive Sam Barlow, Misty Island's isolation and the Logging Locos' culture were inspired by the book and film "Lord of the Flies."
- It is unknown if the railway on Misty Island had a controller before Thomas arrived.