Miranda Raison (born in Burnham Thorpe, Norfolk, England, UK on November 18th, 1977) is a British actress who provides voices for the UK and US dubs of Thomas & Friends.
She is best known for appearing as Jo Portman from "Spooks", Svetlana Revenko from "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo", Heather from Woody Allen's "Matchpoint", and Tallulah from the "Doctor Who" episodes; "Daleks in Manhattan" and "Evolution of the Daleks". She played Anne Faulkner in the West End production of "Strangers on a Train". She is currently a member of the Kenneth Branagh Theatre Company.
She can speak fluent French. She was previously married to English-American actor Raza Jaffrey.
- She worked alongside Eddie Redmayne on "My Week With Marilyn".
- She worked with Jonathan Forbes on the Big Finish audio drama "Persuasion".
- She, Michael Brandon, Glenn Wrage, John Hurt, Olivia Colman, Tom Stourton, Nigel Plaskitt, Simon Fisher-Becker, John Ogwen, Kerry Shale, Martin Sherman, John Schwab and Tracy-Ann Oberman all had roles on "Doctor Who". Togo Igawa also had a role in one of its spin-offs "Torchwood". Maggie Ollerenshaw also worked on an audio drama based on "Doctor Who". Diego Brizzi, Tesshō Genda and Dariusz Odija also did dubbings for the show.
- Both she and TUGS voice actor Shaun Prendergast appeared in "The Inspector Lynley Mysteries" episode "For the Sake of Elena".
- She and Olivia Colman both have roles in "Murder on the Orient Express".