Miranda Raison (born in Burnham Thorpe, Norfolk, England, UK, November 18th, 1977) is a British actress who provides voices for both the UK and US versions of Thomas and Friends.
She is best known for appearing as Jo Portman from "Spooks", Svetlana Revenko from "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo", Heather from Woody Allen's "Matchpoint", and Tallulah from the "Doctor Who" episodes; "Daleks in Manhattan" and "Evolution of the Daleks". She played Anne Faulkner in the West End production of "Strangers on a Train". She is currently a member of the Kenneth Branagh Theatre Company.
She can speak fluent French.
- She worked alongside Eddie Redmayne on "My Week With Marilyn".
- She worked with Jonathan Forbes on the Big Finish audio drama "Persuasion".
- She, Michael Brandon, Glenn Wrage, John Hurt, Olivia Colman, Tom Stourton, Nigel Plaskitt, Simon Fisher-Becker, John Ogwen, Kerry Shale, Martin Sherman, John Schwab and Tracy-Ann Oberman all had roles on "Doctor Who". Togo Igawa also had a role in one of its spin-offs "Torchwood". Maggie Ollerenshaw also worked on an audio drama based on "Doctor Who". Diego Brizzi, Tesshō Genda and Dariusz Odija also did dubbings for the show.
- Both she and TUGS voice actor Shaun Prendergast appeared in "The Inspector Lynley Mysteries" episode "For the Sake of Elena".
- She and Olivia Colman both have roles in "Murder on the Orient Express".