The Milk Van
The Milk Van is an old-fashioned van with two pairs of doors and "NW" written on the sides in yellow letters.
- The milk van was replaced in the TV series adaptation with the milk tankers, but the narration still mentioned the van.
- In the Railway Series the van appeared to be four-wheeled, but the Reverend's model of it was six-wheeled.
- The information of the milk van's route comes from the Reverend's "Branch Line Manual"; specifically, the operational timetable for his "Ffarquhar Mark II" layout.
The Milk Tankers
The Milk Tankers are used to carry milk from local farms to the dairy at Elsbridge. Toby collects one from the dairy each morning on his way to Anopha with the quarrymen, and leaves it at Ffarquhar to be loaded. After being loaded, the van is coupled behind Clarabel and taken to the dairy on Thomas' first train. While Thomas was away having his front mended, a Diesel railcar named Daisy was brought to do his work. Daisy, who was then a lazy sort, did mind, and refused to pull the van, and so much to their annoyance Toby and Percy had to make special trips to deliver the milk. However, now that Daisy has learnt sense, she sometimes takes the milk instead of Thomas.
From Misty Island Rescue onwards, the words "Tidmouth Milk" have been replaced by a logo of a cow in a blue circle.
- Three milk wagons are currently on display at Drayton Manor.
- In the first and second seasons, due to budget limitations the milk tankers were painted half white and half black, the black side being used for oil and tar tankers.
- ERTL (discontinued; with a tar wagon)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (with Diesel) (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Bandai Tecs (discontinued)
- Bachmann (HO and large scale)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Lionel Trains (discontinued)
- My First Thomas
- De Agostini (discontinued)
- Wind-up Trains (Japan only)
- "Hello, Percy. I see Daisy's left the milk again."
- "I'll have to make a special journey with it I suppose. Anyone would think I've nothing to do!"
- Toby and Percy, Percy's Predicament, second season.