Michael Brandon (born on April 20th, 1945 in Brooklyn, New York as Michael Feldman) is an American actor who narrated from the seventh season to sixteenth season. He also re-narrated six episodes from the sixth season. He was also credited as the narrator in the PBS opening of the first several seventeenth season episodes.
Brandon has appeared in other television shows and movies such as "Dempsey and Makepeace", "The Nanny", "Dinotopia", "Are You Ready for Love?", "The Division", "Ally McBeal", "The Catherine Tate Show", "Murder She Wrote", "New Tricks", "Try This One for Size", and "Doctor Who".
He was first married to Lindsay Wagner. He later married "Dempsey and Makepeace" co-star Glynis Barber, best known for her role in "EastEnders".
- Diesel (thirteenth season - Blue Mountain Mystery)
- Mr. Bubbles (thirteenth season - fifteenth season)
- The Maithwaite Stationmaster (thirteenth season - fifteenth season)
- The Knapford Stationmaster (thirteenth season)
- He is the only Classic Series narrator not to have played Mr. Conductor in the US.
- He is the second narrator who has renarrated a season or some episodes before to become a new narrator in the US, the first being George Carlin.
- Both he and William Hope played characters in "The Last Days of Lehman Brothers".
- Both he and TUGS voice actor Lee Cornes appeared in the same episode of "After You've Gone".
- In 2011, he appeared in "Captain America: The First Avenger" with William Hope and Martin Sherman.
- He and Clive Mantle once worked together in an episode of "Dempsey and Makepeace".
- Actors John Hurt, Glenn Wrage, Miranda Raison, Olivia Colman and Kerry Shale also appeared in Doctor Who.