Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Michael Brandon (born on 20 April 1945 in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA as Michael Feldman) is an American actor and voice actor who narrated from the seventh to sixteenth seasons. He was narrator from 2003 until 2012. He even narrated some of the Thomas DVD menus of Hooray for Thomas and Other Adventures Thomas' Sodor Celebration, Tales from the Tracks and Come Ride the Rails in 2006. He also re-narrated six episodes from the sixth season.
Brandon has appeared in other television shows and movies such as "Dempsey and Makepeace", "The Nanny", "Dinotopia", "Are You Ready for Love?", "The Division", "Ally McBeal", "The Catherine Tate Show", "Murder She Wrote", "New Tricks", "Try This One for Size", and "Doctor Who".
He was first married to Lindsay Wagner. He later married "Dempsey and Makepeace" co-star Glynis Barber, best known for her role in "EastEnders".
- Diesel (thirteenth season - Blue Mountain Mystery)
- Mr. Bubbles (thirteenth season - fifteenth season)
- The Maithwaite Stationmaster (thirteenth season - fifteenth season)
- The Knapford Stationmaster (thirteenth season)
- Brandon is the only American Classic Series narrator not to have played Mr. Conductor in the US.
- Brandon is the second narrator who has renarrated episodes in seasons prior to the season in which he begins as narrator in the US, the first being George Carlin.
- When the first several episodes of the seventeenth season were aired on PBS, Brandon was mistakenly credited as the narrator instead of Mark Moraghan.
- Both Brandon and William Hope played characters in "The Last Days of Lehman Brothers".
- He, alongside Óscar Gómez and Blanche Ravalec are the only narrators in the CGI series to both narrate and voice characters.
- Brandon is the first narrator not to use his actual voice as his narrating voice.
- Both Brandon and TUGS voice actor Lee Cornes appeared in the same episode of "After You've Gone".
- In 2011, he appeared in "Captain America: The First Avenger" with William Hope and Martin Sherman.
- Brandon and Clive Mantle once worked together in an episode of "Dempsey and Makepeace".
- Brandon, Sir John Hurt, Nigel Plaskitt, Glenn Wrage, Miranda Raison, Olivia Colman, Tom Stourton, Simon Fisher-Becker, Kerry Shale, John Schwab, John Ogwen, Tracy-Ann Oberman and Martin Sherman have all appeared in "Doctor Who". Togo Igawa also had a role in one of it's spin-offs "Torchwood". Maggie Ollerenshaw and Jonathan Forbes also worked on an audio drama based on "Doctor Who". Diego Brizzi, Tesshō Genda and Dariusz Odija also did dubbings for the show.
- Brandon appeared in the comedy show "Episodes" along with Joseph May. William Hope and Rufus Jones have also appeared in this series.
- He and Lucy Montgomery both worked on "Tracey Ullman's Show".