Max and Monty are devious and troublesome dump truck twins.
In Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure, they helped to construct the Harwick Branch Line. When Thomas led the others down the new branch line, they were seen beside the track with some workmen.
Max and Monty are usually devious and cause trouble for everyone they come into contact with. They are known to cause trouble, but are sternly scolded by Miss Jenny when they are found out. Despite being unruly at times with dangerous stunts, they both have a good side – somewhere – and do their work like everyone else.
Max and Monty are based on a 1959 Euclid Dump Truck.
Max and Monty are painted red with grey dumpers. Their numbers are painted in white on their sides. Max has a thick front bumper, whilst Monty has a "two pipe-type" front bumper.
- Yasuhiko Kawazu (Japan; sixth season only)
- Monty made his debut in the spin-off series DVD based primarily on the Sodor Construction Company.
- In the CGI Series, they increased in size. The design of Monty's bumper also changed.
- Wooden Railway
- Take Along (discontinued)
- Wind-up (Max; Japan only)
- Mini Die Cast Collection (Max; discontinued)
- Thomas Town (Max; discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (Max; discontinued)
- Take-n-Play (with Harvey)
|Nelson • Jack • Alfie • Oliver • Max and Monty • Kelly • Byron • Ned • Isobella • Patrick • Buster|