Masaharu Satō (born on July 1st, 1946 in Tokyo) is a Japanese voice actor who provided voices in the Japanese narration of Thomas & Friends.
He is well known for providing voices for various animes and video games, including Gyokaku Kamoi from "Bleach", Gargoylemon from "Digimon Fusion", various characters from the "Dragon Ball" series, John Giant from "One Piece", Monsieur Furansupan from "Soreike! Anpanman", Professor Stevens and Wenner from "Master Keaton", Charles Goodshow from "Pokémon", Pagos from "Dr. Slump & Arale-chan", Death from the "Castlevania" series, and Mash and Zuo Ci from the "Dynasty Warriors" series.
- He took over the role of Master Roshi from the "Dragon Ball" series after Kōhei Miyauchi's death.
- He also took over Kenji Utsumi's role of Shenron from "Wrath of the Dragon" when he was not available.
- He worked alongside Masashi Ebara, Takeshi Aono, Katsunosuke Hori, Houko Kuwashima, Toshiharu Sakurai, Naoki Tatsuta, Takeshi Endo, Kiyonobu Suzuki, and Daisuke Gōri on "Master Keaton".
- Both he and Armando Coria voiced Mustard from "Dragon Ball Z" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Armando Réndiz voiced Guru from "Dragon Ball Z" in their respective languages.
- He, along with Ryō Horikawa, Ryōichi Tanaka, and Hisao Egawa voiced Goz from "Dragon Ball Z".
- Also, both he and Hisao Egawa voiced John Giant from "One Piece".
- Both he and TUGS voice actor John Baddeley voiced Number Two from "X-Bomber" (Star Fleet; UK) in their respective languages.
- Both he and Togo Igawa voiced Zhang Li from "Perfect Dark Zero" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Trond Teigen voiced Charles Goodshow from "Pokémon" in their respective languages.
- He voiced Pagos in "Doctor Slump", the same role that Michio Nakao played in the original anime.
- Adriana Casas, Loukas Frangoulis, Piotr Bąk, Paul Disbergen, Mikołaj Klimek, Bartosz Martyna, Tokuyoshi Kawashima, Dor Srugo, Mildred Barrera, Roberto Gutiérrez, Finn Poncin, Hinako Sasaki, Shinichirō Miki, Hisao Egawa, Javier Olguín, Kōichi Sakaguchi, Katsuji Mori, Susa Saukko, Janusz Wituch, Pasi Ruohonen, Dariusz Błażejewski, Kiyoyuki Yanada, Waldemar Barwiński, Junichi Kanemaru, Artur Pontek, Hiroshi Tsuchida, Krzysztof Szczerbiński, Josie Yee, Diana Pérez, Grzegorz Drojewski, Klaudiusz Kaufmann, Mayra Arellano, Sander de Heer, Hiroko Emori, Naomi Shindō, Justyna Bojczuk, Miłogost Reczek, Tsutomu Densaka, Bruno Coronel, Xóchitl Ugarte, Miguel Ángel Leal, Noriko Shitaya, Anna Gajewska, Gaby Ugarte, Hiro Nakajima, Roberto Mendiola, Chikara Osaka, Kan Tanaka, Yohei Nishina, Salvador Reyes, Yuri Shiratori, Bin Shimada, Ángel Amorós, Kenta Miyake, Keiko Toda, Octavio Rojas, Kiyonobu Suzuki, Talya Barkay, Yehonatan Magon, Kumiko Higa, Nir Ron, Joanna Pach-Żbikowska, Scott Maurstad, Olga Kuznetsova, Jan Kulczycki, Moisés Iván Mora, Tomohiro Nishimura, Piotr Bajtlik, Hideki Takahashi, Alan Prieto, Beata Jankowska-Tzimas, Tetsu Inada, Nobutoshi Canna, Krystyna Kozanecka, Masayuki Omoro, Simen Sand, Gadi Levy, Paweł Szczesny, Erik Skjøld, Leonardo García, Dafnis Fernández, Adrian Perdjon, Gerardo García, Józef Mika, Lena Meieran, Manuel Campuzano, César Árias, Dulce Guerrero, Armando Coria, Salvador Serrano, Leyla Rangel, Samuel Harjanne, Cezary Kwieciński and Hikaru Midorikawa have also worked on it.
- He, Nobuaki Kanemitsu, Ángel Amorós, Roberto Mendiola, Lupita Leal, Héctor Moreno, Jorge Teixeira, Yasuhiro Takato, Fabrice Trojani, Ewa Serwa, Gerald Schaale, Tony Marot, José Arenas, Ricardo Silva, Yasunori Masutani, Taisto Oksanen, Taisuke Yamamoto, Ambrogio Colombo, Satoshi Taki, Yehonatan Magon, Nir Ron, Gerardo Reyero, Junko Noda, Houko Kuwashima, Marie-Luise Schramm, Mireya Mendoza, Igor Cruz, Nanaho Katsuragi, Benjamín Rivera, Arturo Mercado Jr., Pedro D'Aguillón Jr., Tom Deininger, Hiroaki Hirata, Óscar Flores, Irwin Daayán, Yoram Yosefsberg, Carlos Hernández, Chie Kōjiro, Agnieszka Kunikowska, Manuel Campuzano, Dor Srugo, Bin Shimada and Talya Barkay have all worked on "Digimon".
- He, Alan Prieto, Hisayo Mochizuki, Manuel Campuzano, Roberto Mendiola, Salvador Reyes, Noriko Shitaya, Shinichirō Miki, Hideo Ishikawa, Edson Matus, Liliana Barba, Noé Velázquez, Víctor Ugarte, Irina Índigo, Isabel Romo, Kenta Miyake, Junko Noda, Houko Kuwashima, Shōto Kashii, Luis Alfonso Mendoza, Tetsu Inada, Nobutoshi Canna, Eduardo Garza, José Luis Orozco, Humberto Vélez, Gerardo Reyero and Kiyoyuki Yanada have all worked on "Bleach".