Martin T. Sherman (born in Tampa Bay, Florida, November 28th, 1966) is an American actor who provided voices for the US narration of Thomas and Friends.
He started acting around the age of 9 at a local Jewish community center in Florida. He also provides voices for several video games. One of his well known roles is Pac-Man from the "Pac-Man World" series.
- Thomas (Hero of the Rails - eighteenth season)
- Percy (Hero of the Rails - eighteenth season)
- Diesel (King of the Railway - eighteenth season)
- Some Children (Toby and Bash)
Departure from the Series
In 2014, it was announced that he will leave his role on Thomas and Friends due to contractual disagreements with the Thomas and Friends production team. He announced his departure via The SiF Blog in July. In the post he claimed to be feeling exploited and complained about the low wage the series was paying him. He also apologised to any fans who might be affected by his departure.
Later that month, in an interview with The Guardian, he stated that HiT Entertainment had threatened him with legal action if the blog post was not removed. Sherman said he felt bullied and silenced and was reportedly seeking legal advice regarding the blogpost. The blogpost was later removed. In the same Guardian interview, HiT Entertainment refused to comment on the contracts it has with its talent and wished Martin Sherman the best in his future professional endeavours.
Sherman will continue to be heard in the show until some time in 2015. It is currently unknown who will replace him.
- He voiced Kodi in David Mitton's unfinished "Orsum Island".
- He appeared in the 2011 Marvel Studios film "Captain America: The First Avenger" alongside Michael Brandon and William Hope.
- He and Togo Igawa voiced characters together from the game "Perfect Dark Zero".
- In an interview with Sodor Island Fansite, he said he had auditioned for Henry, but he did not get the part.