|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD.|
Make Someone Happy is the twenty-second episode of the fifth season.
After James boasts about himself, Thomas tells him to think of other people. When James is shunting trucks, he sees Mrs. Kyndley, who discovered that her sister cannot visit her. Sir Topham Hatt soon hears the news and James is happy when Harold gives her a ride. James later takes Mrs. Kyndley on a mystery tour and Mrs. Kyndley is delighted when she gets to open the seaside fair. James then agrees with Thomas that making someone happy does cheer them up.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mrs. Kyndley
- Tiger Moth (does not speak)
- Duck (cameo)
- Donald (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The Crovan's Gate Policeman (cameo)
- Skarloey (stock footage cameo)
- Peter Sam (stock footage cameo)
- Harry Topper (mentioned)
- Kirk Ronan
- Tidmouth Hault
- Tidmouth Hault Sheds
- Brendam Docks
- Fishing Village
- The Sodor Inn
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Shunting Yards
- Tidmouth Bay
- Sir Topham Hatt's Office
- The Lighthouse
- Sodor Hay Company (stock footage)
- Rheneas (stock footage)
- Sodor Castle (stock footage)
- Stock footage from Four Little Engines, Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady, Thomas and the Rumours, Oliver's Find, and Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday and mirrored stock footage from Oliver's Find is used.
- The model of Mrs. Kyndley used in this episode is different from the one used previously.
- The fairground carousel plays a calliope version of the original theme tune.
- In the UK narration James says "they're not as important as I am!" whilst in the US narration he says "I'm too important!"
- In the UK narration James shouts "Pah!" whilst in the US narration he just says "Oh, please!"
- Alec Baldwin adds James' line "Ha!" in the US version.
- The lines, "And he puffed away in a cloud of steam" and "The side stalls lit up" are omitted in the US narration.
- When Cranky greets Percy and Oliver, he says "Hey, you down there!" in the UK narration, but in the US, he says "Hey, down there! You two!"
- This episode marks the last of a few things:
- Annie and Clarabel are seen in their old liveries in stock footage and in a later scene.
- There is a grammatical error on Tiger Moth's banner. It says "Harry Toppers Fair" when it should say "Harry Toppers' Fair".
- After Mrs. Kyndley says "My sister has rung to tell me she can't come to stay with me," James releases steam but no sound is heard.
- In the German dub of this episode, when Percy and Oliver arrive at Brendam Docks, Manfred Steffen refers to Oliver as Thomas.
- When Harold takes off at Dryaw, Percy is seen pulling tankers, but he was supposed to be with Oliver. Additionally, Percy's lamp disappears for the rest of the episode, apart from the end.
- Because stock footage is used, Peter Sam has his old funnel.
- Some of the stalls at the fair change positions.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||ひとだすけ||An Act Of Mercy|
|German||Mach' jemand Anders eine Freude||Make Someone Else a Joy|
|Dutch||Iemand blij maken||Make Someone Happy|
|Swedish||Gör någon glad||Make Someone Happy|
|Spanish||Haz Feliz A Alguien||Make Someone Happy|
|Greek||Κάντε κάποιον ευτυχισμένο||Make Someone Happy|
|Czech||Udělat někomu radost||Make Someone Happy|
|Italian||Fai Felice Qualcuno!||Make Someone Happy!|
|Hungarian||A vidámpark||The Theme Park|
|Korean||정말 기분 좋은 일||I Feel Really Good|
|Slovenian||Lepo je nekoga osrečiti||It's Nice to Bless Someone|
|Russian||Сделай кого нибудь счастливым||Make Somebody Happy|
|Romanian||Să Faci pe Cineva Fericit||Make Someone Happy|
|Slovak||Práca pre radosť||Working for Joy|
|Norwegian||Å Gjøre Noen Andre Glad||Making Someone Else Happy|
|Danish||Glæden ved at glæde andre||The Joy of Joy to Others|
|French||Rendre quelqu'un heureux||Make Someone Happy|
|Thai||หัวรถจักรได้สนุกกับงานรื่นเริง||Engine Enjoy the Carnival|
Home Media Releases