|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the VHS/DVD.|
- “Why should a splendid engine like me take messy coal trucks/cars instead of coaches? Percy or Oliver should do it, they're not as important as I am!"
"James, why don't you think about something or someone else for a change? You'll be surprised how much better you'll feel if you do."
"Pah! Being important is the only thing for me to think about!”
- ―James and Thomas
Make Someone Happy is the twenty-second episode of the fifth season.
After James boasts about himself, Thomas tells him to think of other things and other people. When James is shunting trucks, he sees Mrs. Kyndley, who discovered that her sister cannot visit her. Sir Topham Hatt soon hears the news and James is happy when Harold gives her a ride. James later takes Mrs. Kyndley on a mystery tour and Mrs. Kyndley is delighted when she gets to open the seaside fair. James then agrees with Thomas that making someone happy does make him happy.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mrs. Kyndley
- Tiger Moth (does not speak)
- Duck (cameo)
- Donald (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Big Mickey (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- One Little Boy (cameo)
- The Crovan's Gate Policeman (cameo)
- The Ffarquhar Stationmaster's Wife (cameo)
- Harold's Pilots (cameo)
- Skarloey (stock footage cameo)
- Peter Sam (stock footage cameo)
- Harry Topper (mentioned)
- Kirk Ronan
- Tidmouth Hault
- Tidmouth Hault Sheds
- Brendam Docks
- Fishing Village
- The Sodor Inn
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Shunting Yards
- Tidmouth Bay
- Sir Topham Hatt's Office
- The Lighthouse
- Sodor Hay Company (stock footage)
- Rheneas (stock footage)
- Sodor Castle (stock footage)
- Stock footage from Four Little Engines, Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady, Thomas and the Rumours and Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday is used.
- The model of Mrs. Kyndley used in this episode is different from the one used previously.
- The fairground carousel plays a calliope version of the original theme tune.
- This episode's title is named after a song from the musical Do Re Mi.
- This episode marks the last of a few things:
- Mrs. Kyndley's last speaking role to date.
- The last appearance of Kirk Ronan station in the television series to date.
- The last appearance of Tidmouth Hault in the television series to date, not counting a deleted scene in the next episode.
- The last appearance of the Tar Tankers until the tenth season episode, Toby's Afternoon Off.
- The last time that Tiger Moth is referred to by name in the television series to date.
- When Oliver and Percy go to collect the fairground equipment from the docks, the carousel horses are unloaded in a large-scale model of a slate truck.
- Izzy Gomez, S.S. Vienna, some fishing boats and the three berth garage from TUGS appear in the episode.
- The Ffarquhar Stationmaster's House is visible behind Percy at Tidmouth Hault.
- Annie and Clarabel are seen in their old liveries in stock footage and in a later scene.
- After Mrs. Kyndley says, "My sister has rung to tell me she can't come to stay with me! I was so looking forward to her visit!" James releases steam but there is no steam sound effect heard.
- In the German dub of this episode, when Percy and Oliver arrive at Brendam Docks, Manfred Steffen incorrectly refers to Oliver as Thomas.
- When Harold takes off at Dryaw, Percy is seen pulling tankers, but he was supposed to be with Oliver. Additionally, Percy's lamp disappears for the rest of the episode, apart from the end.
- Because stock footage is used, Peter Sam has his old funnel.
- When James leaves the yards, docks, and Kirk Ronan, he has his fourth season whistle sound.
- Some of the stalls at the fair change positions.
Home Media Releases