|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD.|
|Make Someone Happy|
Make Someone Happy is the twenty-second episode of the fifth season.
After James boasts about himself, Thomas tells him to think of other people. When James is shunting trucks, he sees Mrs. Kyndley, who discovered that her sister cannot visit her. Sir Topham Hatt soon hears the news and James is happy when Harold gives her a ride. James later takes Mrs. Kyndley on a mystery tour and Mrs. Kyndley is delighted when she gets to open the seaside fair. James then agrees with Thomas that making someone happy does cheer them up.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mrs. Kyndley
- Tiger Moth (does not speak)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Donald (cameo)
- Skarloey (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The Crovan's Gate Policeman (cameo)
- Kirk Ronan
- Tidmouth Hault
- The Fishing Village
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Shunting Yards
- The Scottish Castle
- The Lighthouse
- Sodor Castle
- Stock footage from Four Little Engines, Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady, Thomas and the Rumours, Oliver's Find, and Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday is used.
- The model of Mrs. Kyndley used in this episode is different from the one used previously.
- The fairground carousel plays a calliope version of the theme song.
- This episode marks Mrs. Kyndley's last speaking role to date.
- In Germany, this episode is named "Carry Someone Else a Joy". In Japan, this episode is called "Act of Mercy". In Sweden, this episode is called "Do Someting Good".
- Annie and Clarabel have their old coats of paint.
- There is a grammatical error on the aeroplane's banner. It should say "Harry Topper's Fair" and not "Harry Toppers Fair".
- When Harold takes off Percy is seen pulling tankers, but he was supposed to be with Oliver.
- Because stock footage is used, Peter Sam has his old funnel.
- When James leaves the yards, docks and Kirk Ronan, he has a different whistle sound.
- Brakevans should have been added to James and Donald's trains.
- Why were James, Duck, and Oliver working on Thomas' Branch Line?
- Some of the stalls at the fair sometimes change their positions.