|This article is about 'North Western Railway station'. You may be looking for Marthwaite on the Mid Sodor Railway/Arlesdale Railway.|
Maithwaite is a station on Thomas' branch line. It is located between Elsbridge and Hackenbeck. Maithwaite was once the winner of the Best Dressed Station award, despite some school boys vandalising the flower arrangements.
It first appeared in the fifth season and has appeared in every season since, except the seventeenth.
- The exact location of the station was unknown until 2014, when the revised television series map of Sodor clarified it as being on Thomas' Branch Line. A map from a Blue Mountain Mystery bonus feature had previously shown it situated in the east of Arlesburgh, but the map probably mistook it for Marthwaite.
- Maithwaite used to be on display at Nitrogen Studios.
- Tidmouth Bay also reused Maithwaite's building.
- Toby once said that Maithwaite was his favourite station.
- In The Great Festival Adventure, a water tower was placed on the platform.
- Maithwaite has had numerous modifications throughout the years:
- Season 5:
- There was only one track going past the platform.
- Season 6:
- Hero of the Rails:
- Season 14:
- It returned to its original beige colour.
- Season 18:
- The sign on the station platform (to the right-hand side of the station building) moved to the left-hand side of the station.
- The road leading to the station became dirt.
- The Great Race:
- Signals were added just outside the station.
- Season 5:
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway
- Wind-up (Japan only)