The exact location of the station was quite a mystery until 2014, when a map from Japanese King of the Railway booklet cleared it up. A map from a Blue Mountain Mystery bonus feature showed it situated in the east of Arlesburgh, but the map probably mistook it for Marthwaite.
It made its first appearance in the fifth season and has appeared in every season since, except the seventeenth.
- In Hero of the Rails and the thirteenth season, Maithwaite was a dark brown colour. From the fourteenth season onwards, it returned to its original beige colour.
- Tidmouth Bay and Killaban have the same station building structures.
- In the fifth season episode Baa!, Toby said it was his favourite station.
- The funfair is held in the field opposite Maithwaite station.
- Maithwaite was once the winner of the Best Dressed Station award.
- Since Hero of the Rails, a poster of Emily at Black Loch from the eighth season episode, Emily's New Route is seen on the side of the station. There is also a poster of the Fishing Village near the front door.
- In the fifth season, Maithwaite had one track running through it, but from the sixth season onwards, it has had two.
- The sign on the station platform disappeared in the eighteenth season.
- Maithwaite is on display at Nitrogen Studios.
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway
- Wind-up (Japan only)