The exact location of the station is quite a mystery until 2014, when a map from Japanese King of the Railway booklet cleared it up. A map from a Blue Mountain Mystery bonus feature showed it situated in the east of Arlesburgh, but the map probably mistook it for Marthwaite.
It made its first appearance in the fifth season and appeared in every other season after that, except the seventeenth season.
- In Hero of the Rails and the thirteenth season, Maithwaite was a dark brown colour. From the fourteenth season onwards, it returned to its original beige colour.
- In Thomas and the Magic Railroad, Maithwaite had three tracks running through it instead of one or two and the station building was a much darker colour.
- In the fifth season episode Baa!, Toby said it was his favourite station.
- The funfair is held in the field opposite Maithwaite station.
- Maithwaite was once the winner of the Best Dressed Station award.
- Since Hero of the Rails, a poster of Emily at Black Loch from the eighth season episode, Emily's New Route is seen on the side of the station. There is also a poster of the Fishing Village near the front door.
- In the fifth season, Maithwaite had one track running through it, but from the sixth season onwards, it has had two.
- Maithwaite is on display at Nitrogen Studios.
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Bachmann (coming soon)
- Wooden Railway
- Wind-up (Japan only)