Maithwaite is a station on Thomas' branch line. It is located north of Arlesburgh. The exact location of the station is quite a mystery until 2012, when a map from a Blue Mountain Mystery bonus feature cleared it up.
It made its first appearance in the fifth season and appeared in every other season after that, except the seventeenth season.
- In Hero of the Rails and the thirteenth season, Maithwaite was a dark brown colour. From the fourteenth season onwards, it returned to its original beige colour.
- In Thomas and the Magic Railroad, Maithwaite had three tracks running through it instead of one or two and the station building was a much darker colour.
- In the fifth season episode Baa!, Toby said it was his favourite station.
- The funfair is held in the field opposite Maithwaite station.
- Maithwaite was once the winner of the Best Dressed Station award.
- Since Hero of the Rails, a poster of Emily at Black Loch from the eighth season episode, Emily's New Route is seen on the side of the station. There is also a poster of the Fishing Village near the front door.
- In the fifth season, Maithwaite had one track running through it, but from the sixth season onwards, it has had two.
- Maithwaite is on display at Nitrogen Studios.
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Bachmann (coming soon)
- Wooden Railway
- Wind-up (Japan only)