|This article is about North Western Railway station. You may be looking for Marthwaite on the Mid Sodor Railway/Arlesdale Railway.|
Maithwaite is a station on Thomas' branch line. It is located between Elsbridge and Hackenbeck. Maithwaite was once the winner of the Best Dressed Station award, despite some school boys vandalising the flower arrangements.
- The exact location of the station was quite a mystery until 2014, when a revised television series map of Sodor cleared it up. A map from a Blue Mountain Mystery bonus feature had previously shown it situated in the east of Arlesburgh, but the map probably mistook it for Marthwaite.
- Maithwaite used to be on display at Nitrogen Studios.
- Tidmouth Bay also reused Maithwaite's building.
- Toby once said that Maithwaite was his favourite station.
- In The Great Festival Adventure, a water tower was placed on the platform.
- Maithwaite has gone through several changes in the television series:
- Season 5:
- There was only one track going past the platform.
- Season 6:
- Hero of the Rails:
- Season 14:
- It returned to its original beige colour.
- Season 18:
- The sign on the station platform (to the right-hand side of the station building) moved to the left-hand side of the station.
- The road leading to the station became dirt.
- The Great Race:
- Signals were added just outside the station.
- Season 5:
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway
- Wind-up (Japan only)