|This article is about the lorry. You may be looking for the Story Library book.|
- "You always go so slowly. We'll be lucky to make it to the Transfer Yards by tea time!"
- ―Duncan, Cool Truckings, eleventh season
Madge is a snub-nosed lorry with a three-wheeled cab and a flatbed. She works alongside the Skarloey Railway.
In Madge's first appearance, she had to take Duncan to the other side of the yards by road due to snow blocking the tracks. He teased her that she was a slow-poke because the journey was boring. So she decided to make it exciting by driving fast, skidding through the countryside. This ultimately led to them almost falling off the edge of a cliff. Luckily, they made it out safely.
What Madge lacks in elegance, she makes up for in strength and personality. She acts as a motherly figure to the narrow gauge engines, but can be playful and loves a good joke.
Madge is based on a 1964 Scammell Scarab 6-ton tractor lorry. This type of lorry was very popular with British Railways. About 60 are preserved.
Madge is painted green along her trailer and the bottom half of her cab, whilst the top half of her cab and her headlights are painted cream.
- Madge's Take Along, Take-n-Play and TrackMaster toys depict her with four front wheels instead of three. This may be so her models would balance out.
- Madge shares the same horn sound as Kelly.
- Madge's front has been modified to accommodate her face.
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Take Along (discontinued)
- Take-n-Play (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)